Board index Members Cars - For Sale FRP 315 (Project)

FRP 315 (Project)

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:45 pm
frs3060 Newbie

I am thinking about selling my Racing Puma, no. 315. I have owned the car for just under 5 years and we have had a lot of fun. I took him off the road about a year ago with the intention of sorting out the bodywork. I haven’t made any progress on this as I am just too busy so I am offering him for sale.

History:

FRP 315 has four former keepers. The first being Ford, but not one of the many that were given to Ford Managers, this one was a pool car driven by Peter B and the team. During its time with Ford it was used in the 11-17th April 2001 Auto Express magazine - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1775. I have spoken to Peter about this car and he confirms it was one that he drove frequently as part of the pool of FRPs available at Boreham. He has told me he has lots of information on the history along with many pictures of the car.

I purchased in 2010 with 57,000 miles but unfortunately have very little history from the previous owners other than they owned since 2006 and it had a new stainless Steel Piper manifold fitted at PumaBuild in Feb 2010 (just before I bought it). It also had an air con service in July 2009 with the mileage reading 52,682.

Since I have owned the car it has had regular servicing work and new OEM brake discs and (EBC) pads (genuine Alcon discs probably one of the last sets purchased from PB) at 59,000 miles. The car has now done 60,950. It has also had an OSF ABS sensor.

The MOT has just lapsed but it passed last year with no issues and hasn't been driven more than 20 miles since. Advisories were front brake pipes required shortly and O/S outer sill corroded. The car is currently SORNed.

Mechanicals:

The overall condition of the mechanicals is good. The engine is very strong and always starts first time. The car has been standing (garaged) for the past year and as such the discs have surface rust but they have only done 2000 miles so will clean up ok once driven. The N/S ABS sensor requires replacing and the front wheel bearing need replacing.

Interior:

The interior condition is generally excellent. Seats are very good suggesting the mileage is correct. There is a very small hole starting to appear on drivers bolster. Steering wheel is good. Back seats are excellent.

Bodywork:

Wheels are in excellent condition with no kerbing or major corrosion. There are no dings on the car whatsoever and both bumpers are damage free. The paintwork is what is currently letting the car down. I have tried to show this in the photos. There is rust in the usual places. Rear arches and outer sills will need some work. There is also a small rust spot starting to appear on N/S front wing. The paintwork generally is poor, with stone chips on the front bumper and bonnet, and an area on the roof where the previous owner got over excited with some T-cut.

Overall this is a very straight and original FRP that required some love. It would make a great project for someone with more time than I have.

I have tried to describe the car as accurately as I can, but please ask for any further information or clarification. There is no tax, mot or insurance on the car so test drives will not be possible other than up and down my driveway.

Asking price - I want £4,000 for the car. Much less and I would rather store it a for a few more years and fix it up myself. However, any serious offers from people who would get the car back on the road are welcome. I want to see the car being used and enjoyed. I am happy to discuss deals - for example anyone thinking of building a track toy - I could drop the price for the car minus interior. Having said that I do not want to break the car so please don’t ask.

More pictures available here: http://s303.photobucket.com/user/frs3060/library/ppu

Please PM me with questions.

Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
LiamG Newbie

Hello,

I am looking for a FRP project and your car does appear to fit the bill with a very honest description by you. The car is for myself to restore and keep for a very long time, what would you take for her cash?

Regards Liam.

Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:05 pm
LiamG Newbie

PS if you want to discuss details privately my number is 07974 566098 and I can complete purchase tomorrow.

Regards Liam.

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:19 pm
frs3060 Newbie

deposit taken

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:30 pm
samtm125 Newbie

hi
is this car still for sale

Return to Members Cars - For Sale