Board index Members Cars - For Sale FRP Wanted (in next 5 months)

FRP Wanted (in next 5 months)

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:34 pm
ethanfitz Newbie

Hi Everyone.

I'm looking for a FRP to buy within the next 4-5 months (until my MOT on my current 1.7 Puma).

I have wanted one ever since i had my 1.4 puma and it is the only car i am considering to replace my current puma.

I am looking for a good and well looked after example within sensible distance of where i live (Brandon Suffolk)

Below i will list my ideal FRP to buy... But obviously i know i probably wont find one with everything as described but if you are thinking of selling soon (or are now) Please let me know...

IDEAL FRP:

70,000 - 80,000 mileage (or under),
Mechanically sound!
Not an insurance write off,
Working ABS and Traction control,
HPI Clear,
No MOT advisories (ideally),
Long MOT and TAX (will take me a while to build up funds again after purchase)
Completely standard! (can compromise depending on what has been done)
All major work undertook when needed (brake services/replacement, suspension, cambelts etc),
Full Service History (F.S.H)
Rust free and ideally under body rust protected,
Bushes replaced (ideally with poly bushes)
Good exhaust (not blowing ideally Stainless Steel)
Must have a Catalytic converter,
Outside clean shiny and tidy, (some stone chips are ok (obviously) but no crash damage or scratches etc)
Interior original FRP - Clean and rip free,
Steering wheel with FRP material (not standard puma replacement)
Good condition alloys with GOOD tyres and tread on

Ideally with and FRP number plate (but not essential :wink: )

Basically im looking for a well looked after example that i can continue to look after and enjoy for many many years to come.

I know my ideal FRP may never be for sale, so this list may just act as a check list for me to look out for...

Please let me know if you have a good example for sale soon.

Post Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:49 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

I wouldn't let mileage be a barrier, I set a 60k limit on mine and bought one with 78k on the clock as it was a lot better than most lower mileage ones. A well maintained 100k car will be better than a neglected lower mileage one. The Zetec SE need to be run, not stood.

Post Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:55 pm
ethanfitz Newbie

Yer I see you point about the mileage.
im not going to let the it be a problem, it may limit how much I am willing to spend though.

The list above is really my ideal scenario, and I know it is very unlikely to happen.

As I know these cars a rare and a well look after one even rarer I am open to whatever is for sale relly :lol:

so if you got one for sale and your not a million miles away for Suffolk please let me know. :D

Post Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:03 pm
Taxi5 Newbie

Check the history and the seller as much as the car. I got one through this forum that had 110k on it. I've done 10k per year since and now have 160k on the clock. It's been well used and even better looked after and I'm looking forward to keeping it for a long time.

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:15 am
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Mine fits the bill, it is a few quid tho ;)

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:02 am
ethanfitz Newbie

Hi everyone thanks for the replys and hints.

El dude's one is a few too many quids for me to afford :cry: but im sure its defiantly worth it from him!

Im hopefully going to see one in a few weeks time, does anyone have any advice on what to look for:
in its history,
on the car itself,
how it drives etc?

Also please keep letting me know if you have one for sale :D

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:24 pm
ethanfitz Newbie

Got myself one!!!

I am the new proud owner of FRP 062!!!!

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:04 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

Yeah, well done get some piccies up and enjoy

Return to Members Cars - For Sale