Board index Members Cars - For Sale HELP.... Driveshafts needed

HELP.... Driveshafts needed

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:48 pm
DarrenFRP49 Newbie

Hi guys I've been building FRP49 from a bare shell over the last 12 months and I've almost finished, was promised some driveshafts off a guy and had waited 3 weeks to find out the are now not for sale.
So cash waiting and can collect or arrange a currier, complete or just the shales, also if anyone's got a hand break cable.

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:24 am
Blue3 RPOC Regular

Pumabuild have both in stock, give phil a call and haggle, i have a used handbrake cable, but personally i would put a new one on if i was going to the effort of rebuilding it

Handbrake cable listed as £70, driveshafts £144 each, but he should give you some discount on that, i normally get between 10 and 20% and cash is always an option

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:03 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

I second that bought a pair of shafts from Alan at Pumabuid a few months back he said he had quite a few pairs and the are new not recycled

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm
DarrenFRP49 Newbie

I'm going to take a drive over next Saturday, do you know if standard puma or zetec s end will fit on the shafts or do they need to be racing puma ones?

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:55 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

The splines are the same as standard puma, just the shafts are longer to cope with the wider track

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:20 pm
DarrenFRP49 Newbie

That's good to hear... I had broke a puma last year and I brought a zetec s track for the engine which is a 1.7 puma engine on throttle bodies running 200bhp... Few more bits and she will be back to life, cars not seen the road for almost 5 years....

Return to Members Cars - For Sale