Board index Members Cars - For Sale #208 for sale (again)

#208 for sale (again)

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:44 pm
Squall Newbie

I have decided to sell #208 as I don't really have time to finish fixing it up.

I nearly let Mogsmex buy it off me a year or more ago, but I didn't in the end. Since then it's been fixed up a bit:

Millage: ~80k
+The head gasket has been replaced.
+The ABS has been (mostly) fixed.
+The original Alcon Brakes and discs have been put back onto it (parts from ElDude)
+It's had a (another) cam-belt change about 6 months ago - after getting oiled up after a oil seal leak.
+ It had a stainless piper exhaust fitted about 3 years ago.
= Tax runs out this month
= MOT is need to check. It passed the last one fine, but the TPS sensor might cause it to stall.
= Service history back to 2000, but there are some gaps ~2008
- occasional ABS light warning. Can hear the traction control activate at random.
- Brakes a bit spongy.
- Front discs may be warped
+ I have some unfitted, new pumaspeed front disks and pads for it.
- The AUX belt squeaks a lot. This was replaced, so it may be pulley.
- driver side inner door frame rust inside. -
needs new inner door frame + whether strips.
- Inside passenger door card broken near screw fixing and bottom of card.
- Oil leak from near dipstick, possibly somewhere else too
- Water leak to passenger footwell from front window 1/4 way up
Screen needs to come out and be inspected then be put back in
- seats worn, nick in driver's side bolster
- non standard steering wheel
- Serial number(s) off toad alarm, so I can get the pin from toad.
- This must be under the dash somewhere. I've only got one key fob
and no alarm code. So Toad tell me I need the serial numbers off the
alarm unit and for £20 they can give me the alarm pin which can be
used to add another toad fob/disable the alarm.
- I have a spare un coded toad fob
- New driver/passenger/boot locks and keys needed.
- Throttle position sensor out of range error
stalls without throttle.

Pictures. I probably need to update some of these: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ghchw653pbpi3ph/552kpJdZk4

If anyone is interested please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Jason.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:00 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

How much are you looking for Jason?
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm
Squall Newbie

lisafrp wrote:

I am not sure. I expect if I took it down to Tremona, and I could get them to do it; to fix all of the problems would probably cost 1k, but I don't think they would want to bother with some things like taking the windscreen out to re-seal it or doing the locks, which is why I haven't.

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:23 pm
Squall Newbie

lisafrp wrote:

Ok, so I had a little think about it and I think I would need 2k for it. Aside from the smaller issues there are 3 things that need to be fixed. Those are the water leak thought the window, the TPS sensor and the abs, which I suspect is a sensor.

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Does anyone know how to get hold of this chap .. Have pm him but no reply .. If Someone can get hold pls give him my number ... 07580 511507 thanks Ant

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 pm
Squall Newbie

Transporter driver wrote:
Does anyone know how to get hold of this chap .. Have pm him but no reply .. If Someone can get hold pls give him my number ... 07580 511507 thanks Ant

Hi Ant, I will give you a call tomorrow.

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:44 pm
Will.joy Newbie

Has this vehicle now been sold? If not can you email me? On wtc11@tch.co.uk off work at moment back in Monday Thanks.

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:44 pm
Will.joy Newbie

Has this vehicle now been sold? If not can you email me? On wtc11@tch.co.uk off work at moment back in Monday Thanks.

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:33 pm
Will.joy Newbie

Or message me, thanks.

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:38 pm
Squall Newbie

Transporter driver is down to look at the car in the immediate future and so I guess he has first refusal on it as he asked me about ten days ago.

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 pm
Will.joy Newbie

Ok thanks, let me know if he don't buy it.

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:04 am
Will.joy Newbie

Any news?

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:56 am
Squall Newbie

Will.joy wrote:
Any news?

Hello Will.

The guy interested in it didn't want to give me the 2k I was hoping for. Since the car was booked into tremona three weeks ago, I took it this saturday to have various things fixed, and at the end of it all I should have a mot and so on. I am probably not then going to sell it for 2k as you might understand since it should be in much better condition after that.

The whole idea was someone would take it off my hands for what I considered a reasonable price (although that's just my opinion) Since the car was already booked in I didn't want to cancel all that again, so I have gone ahead with it.

Sorry I didn't get back to you Will, but there wasn't really time to do so. I'll give an update once it's come back from termona.

It should have at least the Squaky AUX belt, ABS, TPS and door locks (Turns out richard thinks the locks are only siezed. ), and new discs fitted. The oil leak will probably be fixed too, although it doesn't look like there is much of one. Rather it was probably all the gunk in that silly catch can that was leaking over the exhaust manifold, becuase someone decided to mount it there. I may switch back to the standard air box myself as that should be easy.

The spongy breaks are going to be looked at so they will be bled or the fluid changed. Richard will try and get the serial number for the toad alarm so I can code the other key. Otherwise I will remove the alarm.

The rest and replacement door frame aswell as the window won't be fixed at Tremona, that's a job for a body shop.

Return to Members Cars - For Sale