Extended front and rear wings
Revised bumpers with splitter at the front
Unique Alcantara trim
Individually numbered inlet manifolds.

Tax: Sept 2012
MOT: Jan 2013
123,500miles
FSH

Regrettably I am putting my beloved Ford Racing Puma up for sale due to a change in financial circumstances. I have owned this car for a little over 2 years now and has been an excellent car all round. It has been my daily driver throughout my ownership and taken to various shows and events around the country. It has been serviced twice yearly for the past two years with genuine Ford parts because of this and all receipts are present.

Bodywork:
014 had a full blow over 3 years back in Imperial Blue (standard colour) before having paintshield protection put on the bonnet, front bumper, mirrors, front and rear wings as these are most vulnerable for stone chips. This has definitely been of benefit to the car as there are no stone chips in these areas. This car has been machine polished once a year for the past two years and regularly washed and waxed, especially during winter time for protection. The rear bumper has been rebuilt last year (2011) due to someone bumping it, thicker fibreglass was used and is therefore stronger and the paint still in excellent condition. Overall the body work is very tidy for its age and still brings in attention at shows when all cleaned up. I have also put canon mud flaps on the front with numbered stickers to help with the dirt on the body work as the doors aren’t protected with paintshield.

Anyone who knows Fords will know they rust. The Racing Puma is no exception to this and does have some signs showing through, the worst part is at the join on the sill on the drivers’ side; the weather etc. has got behind the plastic coating and therefore has lifted it slightly exposing rust. Both arches do have small signs as do both sills; this is nothing a good body shop couldn’t fix.
The N/S mirror has been scuffed slightly when the car was parked up and it slightly loose, I have the fixing kit for this and will take 2 hours DIY work. (If I get time spare I will fix this myself but the kit will be included with the car). The passenger window does get stuck abit, this just needs taking apart and set back on the runners.

Interior
As standard the FRP comes with Sparco Bucket seats, finished in blue alcantara, blue alcantara front and rear door cards, rear seats and covered steering wheel which are all still in very good condition. I have shaved the seats and the wheel once yearly with a lint shaver and brings the material up brilliantly. I have also made the addition of blue gear and handbrake gaiters which do match well. A blue LED conversion of the dash, heater control panel, interior light and window switches was all done 4 years ago which add a good effect with the rest of the interior styling. (Due to the age they are starting to show signs of age with the lights being a slightly different shade. I can pass the contact details on of the guy who carried the work out who has said he would sort it). The interior will all be fully cleaned before the buyer collects.

There is a small tear on the drivers’ seat, on the supports (not the alcantara) which is shown in the pictures. The two front seats are also fully interchangeable with each other.

Under the Bonnet
Don’t be put off by the high mileage of this car, these engines are very good when looked after and driven properly, they are designed to be revved hard on the occasion. I have serviced it twice yearly with new plugs, fuel filter, KandN panel filter cleaned, Oil filter and so the engine runs sweet and starts first time every time. It can struggle due to the cold but this is common with these cars. It has had a new thermostat and housing replaced last year due to the thermostat housing cracking whilst in Germany, coolant has been changed once yearly whilst I have owned the car. Regular MAF and ICV cleans have also been carried out. The exhaust is a full stainless steel Janspeed system and now has a decat fitted, all in good working order and regularly cleaned.

Wheels, Brakes and Suspension
The wheels are still as standard, 17’ Speedline Tourinis with Michelin Pilot Exalto tyres fitted, a good all round tyre for this car. Both front tyres are new this year and plenty of tread on the rear. The wheels have been polished and waxed twice yearly for the past 2 years. A full suspension change was carried out early last year including new shocks and springs on all four corners with the top mounts also being replaced. The rear beam bushes have been replaced with powerflex as have the ARB bushes. (The ARB bushes were only done this year). The four-pot Alcon calipers have been serviced every year since I have known the car by a well - known guy on the forum who has been doing these for years and really knows his stuff, he takes these apart checks all seals, removes the pistons and generally gives them a good clean-up, replacing any necessary bolts before reassembling them. The Alcon’s have also been powder coated to match the colour of the car and really do look the part. I’ve had the discs skimmed last year and cleaned this year when the brake service was carried out, new Textar pads also fitted, brakes bled, fresh dot 5.1 fluid put in and they work absolutely fine.

The Alcon discs on the car are down to 26.5 mm (the lowest they should be in 26mm), these will be fine for normal road use for another year but because of this I have a spare set of Alcon discs which just need a skim to fit next year. Due to the recent weather the brakes haven’t been used as they should with town driving etc. I will be hoping to take the car out and give the brakes a good work out before selling which does help with the juddering. The handbrake cable does also require changing although does still work.

In 2010 I had the car on a rolling road which produced 151.3bhp shortly before having a full service. It runs like a dream and am deeply sad for selling up. It is well known on 3 forums and have all information given backed up with receipts and various paper work. I have also attached the link for my project thread which shows in detail the work I’ve done myself. I have taken in to account all work which is required in the price so please no time wasters as this is a very well looked after car.

I also have the original brochure and numbered specification booklet for the car, both in mint condition. The car will come with the Personalised number plate: V14 FRP and 3 remote keys in total. The mileage will go up, by how much depends on hw long the car is up for sale as I am still using it daily.

Project Thread
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=8127

I will add more photos of the rust etc this coming week.

Located in Loughborough LE11.
I will require a £500 deposit.

£5000 ono

Any further questions please feel free to ask!
Last edited by zara014 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:29 am
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Couple of photos from yesterday after washing, stripping off the old wax, full polish and fresh wax applied:

the first pic shows the sill as described in the advert...

The wheels and interior will be done over the next few days

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:32 pm
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Happy and sad to inform you that the FRP has now been sold, had a guy from Croydon train up to view last night and fell iin love with #014 :)
hes been through the forums etc and has already dedicated his Sundays to ckeeping her clean and as I have kept it.
Offered me the asking price straight away and left a deposit.

he will be collecting next month so im sure hel be on here shorty after

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:00 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Sorry on one hand to read that Zara but pleased for you that you've got your asking price. Please point the new owner in our direction. What are your plans for a replacement?

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:35 pm
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

I will be gutted to see her go for definate, however the guy seemed genuine and has been through the forums :) he has already said he has dedicated his Sundays to cleaning her and keeping her as I have done since Ive owned #014

Ive had the replacement since September now, a massive downgrade to some but due to financial circumstances etc it was the right move.
A very cool car, one Ive wanted for donkeys years and can still have a lot of fun in too :)

already done a few mods to it and more to come, and at a fraction of the cost of FRP parts too!!

:) happy days

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 pm
Gaz Maz Newbie

Hi Zara,

Thanks for the kinds words...........

I have finally logged in to this forum. I still cant wait to get that beauty.

Hope all is well, I will speak to you soon.

Gary

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:55 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Zara cannot fault you on your replacement vehicle. My first car was an 850 mini with pudding stirrer gear lever, oh and no brakes! Replaced with a new 998 mini that I converted to a 1293 cooper s and then converted to a three wheeler negotiating a cattle grid in the wet. Looking at minis brings back many happy memories. Be very interested to know what mods you've done so far and what is planned.

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:15 pm
W4FRP User avatar
RPOC Regular

What a small world - my second car was a 1275 GT - Orange with a black vinyl roof and stage 1 engine conversion. It was no good in the wet trying to get away from the traffic lights quickly as it would just sit there spinning it's wheels............ Brilliant car though !

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 pm
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Yeah I am loving it :D

I bought it pretty standard tbh, apart from the DTM Spotex backbox which, tbh sounds pretty sweet :D burbles, pops and bangs aswell haha

So far Ive changed the rear lights for the clear lenses, aswell as the indicators
now has GAZ shocks allround and is harder than the FRP lol

Next month its getting Hi Lows so I can lower it, adjustable bottoms arms for som camber and a fibreglass bonnet with pins (sick of banging my head when im working on it lol)
My other half has got a set of alloy 4 pots for me (ready for the ring in June)

in the future:

2 piece fibreglass front end
10" Ultralite wheels in anthracite
new floor

im hoping later on this year I can start saving and will then be turboing it :D

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:01 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

Cool choice, I did a few minis with my mates when I was 18 from flip fronting them to fitting 1275 engines etc.

I still get miniworld and think how cheap all the bits are, they seemed expensive at 18

Simon

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:11 am
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Yeah tbh there are Mini owners that say things and then say thats expensive. Like £400 for a set of lightened 4 pot calipers...

until I told them how huch the FRP ones would be new!!
I mean I got a set of mintex discs and pads for £11.00! :lol:

great little cars though!!

Return to Members Cars - For Sale