Board index Members Cars - For Sale Looking for FRP and a little help

Looking for FRP and a little help

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Chapster Newbie

I am considering buying a classic car for looking after and taking out occassionally when time and weather allow. I was looking at a Mk 2 XR2 as I had a couple of these years ago. Whilst surfing, the Racing Puma came to my attention as I remembered them from when they were produced and I thought they looked fantastic but alas, way out of my price range. I still think they look fantastic but now they are in my price range I find myself looking for some help and advice. I live in Perthshire but cannot seem to find any for sale in Scotland so if I want to look at any which are for sale it will involve a lengthy trip. Can anyone give me some advice as to what are the good points, bad points, etc to look for or even if anyone is selling theirs or know of someone who is selling theirs.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Chapster

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 pm
bonnietiler RPOC Regular

I think it all depends how much you want to spend to be honest....
You would be much better off financially ( I know!) to buy a sorted one for £5500 than a clunker for £3000.
The parts are getting thin on the ground now, I spent all the last 18 months on New front and rear struts, new Alcon discs, new bearings, replacement drivers seat, genuine Alcantara steering wheel, refinished wheels and new ZZ3 Avon tyres, then there was drop links, hand brake cable, rear disc shields, stub axles..over £2000 there and that's if you do it yourself...then of course there was the full race cat Miltek, stainless tailgate struts, new splitter, K&N, "Racing" engine cover, set of Iridium plugs and track rod ends.
The list like the road goes on forever!!!
It does look the "Dogs danglers" now though!
Through its last mot without an advisory....
Bo**ocks I forgot it failed on number plates..they had "Ford" running through the background....I now have a set of "Show plates" ahem...

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:53 am
FRP426 Newbie

Hi there, I am going to be selling mine soon. Not advertised yet though. Reason for sale is that now I'm too fat to get comfortable in Sparco seats! Call if you like, 07527296757 0r 0127631280
Cheers John Arundell FRP426

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:47 pm
Allycat RPOC Regular

Chapster wrote:
I am considering buying a classic car for looking after and taking out occassionally when time and weather allow. I was looking at a Mk 2 XR2 as I had a couple of these years ago. Whilst surfing, the Racing Puma came to my attention as I remembered them from when they were produced and I thought they looked fantastic but alas, way out of my price range. I still think they look fantastic but now they are in my price range I find myself looking for some help and advice. I live in Perthshire but cannot seem to find any for sale in Scotland so if I want to look at any which are for sale it will involve a lengthy trip. Can anyone give me some advice as to what are the good points, bad points, etc to look for or even if anyone is selling theirs or know of someone who is selling theirs.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Chapster

Hi Chapster,
I am in Arbroath but have a daughter in Luncarty.
I am there fairly often, if you want to see a nice car and find out a bit about FRP's let me know.
Willie

Return to Members Cars - For Sale