Board index Members Cars - For Sale FRP 149

FRP 149

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:00 pm
FRP149 RPOC Regular

It is with regret that i now have to put up for sale FRP 149.

Myself and Nicky have thought long and hard about this for a while now, and due to a baby on the way we feel now is the time to let someone else enjoy this car, as it will just sit in our garage for a few years otherwise until we start attending the shows again.

We are going to put both the FRP and the fiesta up for sale and buy something a bit newer and 4 doors.

The FRP has covered just shy of 72k and is MOT’d until end of May 08, the tax ran out at end of Feb 08 and has only just been sorn’d. As stated above the reason being we certainly weren’t going to be going to any shows this year with it so decided to take it off the road for 2008.

We have owned the car for roughly 16 months and have enjoyed every mile of ownership, and certainly don’t want to have to let it go. I honestly thought we would have this car forever.

This car was one of 20 FRP’s originally sent over to Ireland, and came back to the UK early in 2007.

The car has recently had a full milltek stainless exhaust system fitted with de cat pipe (i have retained the original frp cat which is in good condition), i also have the original FRP backbox which is also in good condition. There is a spare set of Alcon callipers that will come with this car and spare sets of brake pads (i bought the spare callipers to restore to original colour etc). There is a spare steering wheel also as we bought a new one from Pumabuild. The car currently has blue rally style mudflaps fitted but i will throw in a set of brand new unopened cannon mudflaps (the prefered choice of many FRP owners). There is a blue samco induction hose, but again i have the original ford one that can be re fitted.

Other than that the car has been very reliable over the time we have had it, it has had new wheel bearings all round, the last service was carried out at Pumabuild in May 2007.

I have lots of pictures of this car, message me for details.

£6000 ovno

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:13 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

ah daz mate cant believe your selling but it does seem to make more sense it is just a shame and one that you must hate having to do.

will miss seeing you at the shows as it was always nice to chat with you :-(
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:22 pm
FRP149 RPOC Regular

Likewise Al, though i am hoping it wont mean the end to FRP ownership.

I will hope to own another sometime, though just at this minute cant justify it sitting there in the garage when we need a newer daily driver.

It has gutted me having to put this ad up, but not so much as if it sells and i have to watch it drive away, it was bad enough when i saw my nova go

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:44 pm
big boy al User avatar

see bloody women and kids ruin your life lol :-)
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Oi Al - watch it! ;)

No tiny patter of feet in this household, and Toby is allowed to buy any car bits he likes, as long as I get to use them :D

Darren, very sad to see you sell :( I thought we were going to see you keeping 149 forever.

Good luck with your sale, it might be worth putting up a few pics also.

I have added one below for you that was used in the RPOC 2008 calendar.
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:23 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:55 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Ah gutting news mate, one i thought id never here! i feel for you though, as i too have contemplated selling due to tiny pita patter of tiny feet. But in the long run i know that its something i just cant bring myself to do. I doubt i'll be able to do much this year with the car either but i just cant bring myself to see it go, as over the almost 2 years of ownership the car isnt just a car anymore it comes with a whole load of friendship that makes the car what it is :D i really do hope you achieve a sale mate and in the not so distant future return to ownership!

Good Luck mate, make sure you keep us updated!

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:26 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

So saddened to read your post Darren and will really miss your company at this years shows. The pitter patter of tiny feet in the near future will I'm sure far out weigh the loss of an FRP and after all there will always be FRP's available for purchase in the future. Anyway you and Nicky and Daz / Nicky junior can still join us all but just arrive in a little more sensible mode of transport.
Good luck with the sale someone will certainly acquire a very pampered cat.

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:58 pm
FRP149 RPOC Regular

Cheers guys for the comments, it means a lot from people i class as friends.

Thanks for adding the pic Lisa.

Leighton you comments just sum up how im feeling right now. I really dont want to see the car go anywhere, there are just so many things i wanted to do with it.

It is a great car, and with a little time and effort i could have seen it give some others a run for their money in the pampered puma stakes.

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:59 am
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Cars can be bought and sold, friends remain the same :)

Good luck with the sale and future arrival.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:03 am
FRP149 RPOC Regular

Very true words Ed, cheers

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:01 am
W4FRP User avatar
RPOC Regular

Congratulations to both of you Daz.

I'm sorry to hear you are selling 149 but for all the right reasons though !!

You never know - when you reach old age like me and Dave, you can always buy him back and enjoy it all over again.

Good luck

Andy

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:33 pm
FRP149 RPOC Regular

Thats my long term plan Andy.

I fully intend to get another FRP further down the line, and who knows i may join Dave with a ex press car if there are any available at the time

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:24 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

I'm afraid it wont be FRUP Daz as he's staying right here but keep an eye out for the others and I'm sure you'll be tempted in a couple of years time.

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:27 pm
FRP149 RPOC Regular

Right guys,

Me and Nic have been discussing this pretty much non stop for the last 24 hrs throwing around pros and cons of keeping the FRP or getting a newer family car.

The bottom line is that we both just cant bring ourselves to sell it, looks like 149 will live to attend some more shows under our ownership.

We have now decided that we will probably never get rid of it, just keep it garaged until the baby is a bit older to attend shows with us, and hopefully it is something that he or she can get involved with in the future.

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:03 pm
W4FRP User avatar
RPOC Regular

Glad to hear it - Good decision

Cheers

Andy

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:45 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Phew, glad to hear it :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:06 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Now thats more like it and with a few cunning mods I'm sure Daz that you could strap the baby in the boot area pushchair and all!! Only joking pals but thats the best bit of news I've had all day roll on the shows.

Return to Members Cars - For Sale