Board index Members Cars - For Sale #208 buying interest / as a whole for parts

#208 buying interest / as a whole for parts

You can list your pride and joy here.

Squall Newbie

After a long an ardous court battle, which I sort of won, but not really. I have decided to take #208 to a garage, either to Termona or to a garrage up north, to try and have it's leaking head gasket and ABS fixed.

If howerver, it turns out that it needs a new engine, then I'll sotp right there, and it will be for sale complete, or at least for breaking if they can't put it back toghther in working order. (It currently runs ok at the moment appart from the other problems)

With that in mind if anyone is interested in the car either before I take it to the garage or after, and I decide to give up on it.. Please send me a PM.

Here are the list of problems as I know them: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/731271/car.txt

Pictures (will add more): https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/731271/ ... 8?h=5b78bb

PS - I won't be breaking the car myself; I don't have the resources to do that. It will be car complete one way or another.

Cheers,

Jason.

Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hi Mate

pm's not working fior some reason so I have emailed you, let me know if it gets there

Cheers Glyn :D

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

FRP9 RPOC Regular

i dont quite understand the post, is it in tremonor garage now? Are you definetly selling it? Will it come driveable with tax and MOT? and most importantly, how much?

big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Mogsmex wrote:
Hi Mate

pm's not working fior some reason so I have emailed you, let me know if it gets there

Cheers Glyn :D

Glyn stop it lol.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Dogsbody User avatar

There is a cheap one on Ebay at the moment, less than £4k.
Thought Alan might have had that as a daily driver, between his show car and track car......
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Squall Newbie

i dont quite understand the post, is it in tremonor garage now? Are you definetly selling it? Will it come driveable with tax and MOT? and most importantly, how much?

No it's not. But it might be at some point soon to see what is what exactly. It can't get an MOT on account of the abs problems.

Hi Mate

Cheers Glyn

Yes I did, thanks glyn. Will let you know when I've made my mind up how to proceed next.

red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Graham, the one you mention on eBay is probably mine and there's still room for negotiation on the price :)
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Dogsbody User avatar

Just had a look at EBay, yes its yours, very cheap :shock:
I'm passing through Peterborough around 25-26th of this month between visiting a Aunt in Bourne and lunch with the Bishop of Ely.
(the wife owes him a Curry)
So will look out for a FRP :D
Graham

red User avatar
RPOC Regular

It's priced to sell really, I'd like it to go to someone that will look after i.e buy it less than the others and do what needs doing to it.

I've got my eye on an ST TDCi Mondeo and a CBR600FS to replace the FRP and the Bandit.

Well if I still have it by then you're welcome to come and give your opinion on the car on your way past.
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Dogsbody User avatar

If you love the power delivery of the FRP as it screams up to the rev limiter, you will hate the diesel Mondeo.
The wife has a 2.2 Turbo Diesel Toyota, Very quick, as quick if not quicker than the FRP mid range and top speed, but boring to drive. :|
All low down torque, no point revving it.
Embarrassing really, a 7 seater with DVD screens built into the seats that will whip the back side of a hand "rebuilt" sports coupe.

I think I have a travel lodge booked near Peterborough, but it will only be an over night stop off on our way to Ely.
Graham

red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Yeah I know about the boringness, to be honest I don't want to part with the FRP but not being able to fit the buggy in the boot is a bit of headache as it means I have to strap it in on the rear seat whilst trying not to get the headlining dirty :roll:

That's the point of upgrading the bike :D The Bandit is fun but I feel I've out grown it and need to try something sportier with a bit more grunt. My brother just bought an R6 which is pretty awesome but I don't want to always have the same hence looking at the CBR.

Someone is coming to view 0201 it on the weekend so I may well not have it anyway,

Ely is a nice place, I have family there :D
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Dogsbody User avatar

red wrote:

Ely is a nice place, I have family there :D

I have never been but the wife has twice on selection conferences.
we are friendly with the Bishop (Stephen Conway) so we are meeting up for lunch.
She is a trainee Priest. :shock:
Graham

Blue3 RPOC Regular

Dont break it mate, there are too many people doing that as prices are too low at the moment.

It probably is worth more as bits than a whole car, but looking at the photos it isnt that bad, if I had the space I would have it off you and get it sorted, but unfortnately my garage is full with my frp

Simon

Squall Newbie

Yeah I wont/can't break it myself. I will get the head taken off, and if it's too much for me I'll pass it on. I think that's a sensible idea I guess.

Return to Members Cars - For Sale