Board index Members Cars - For Sale WANTED FRP

WANTED FRP

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:00 pm
michelle Newbie

i've fallen in love and am looking for my first Ford Racing Puma. My car is currently on AutoTrader and as soon as it's sold i'm looking to pay cash for a FRP. I'd really prefer it to be one of the later one's and have quite low mileage. Please let me know if you're wanting to sell what i'm looking for!!!

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:40 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

choose with care... and don't be in a rush... :)

it is one of those cars that can be viewed with 'rose tinted glasses'.. :)

condition of interior and wheels/tyres often give a good clue on general expenditure and care..... (especially tyres)

:)

what area are you in....

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:28 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Late one with low mileage - how much are you looking to spend?
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:40 pm
michelle Newbie

I'm in cheshire. Well there's one on PistonHead at the moment for £7350 and it's a 2002 plate, it seems to be the highest priced one i've seen but only has 42k on he clock. The moneys not really an issue as long as it's a good one.
My car's currently on Autotrader and Pistonhead and am just hopeing for a quick sale.
Michelle

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:51 am
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Dont be confused by the plate, all frps where registered 1999 - 2000. I think the one you mention was originally sent to Ireland and then sold back to someone living in the UK so required testing and re-registering. (Ed correct me if im wrong :)) Be sure to read the buyers guide before vewing any FRP's

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:06 am
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

yeah it was re registered when it came back to the uk from ireland, all frps were made in 1999 and converted in 2000.

this one just to let you know was previously crash damged, not too bad as i understand but front end damage, i.e new bumper and front wing etc.

hence why when you look now it isnt quite lined up properly, a lady on pumapeople used to own it and smashed it.

a run of the mill frp will be selling now between 5-7k but a good one which has been well looked after and has alot of parts replaced etc will still fetch 8k plus.

check things like the brakes as the front brake calipers should be serviced properly every year and new disks are £200 each.

also exhaust system check when that was changed as most will have been by now and if not that will set you back about £800.

good luck

alan.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:05 pm
michelle Newbie

Thanks for all the info. I'll keep you informed as to how it goes.

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:21 pm
jacko RPOC Regular

there was one on a classic car show version of 'wheelers & dealers' he got £9k for it....on tele!!! expect prices to start going up again!!!

no matter how good the car is realistically you need to budget £1000 for exhaust & just over £1000 for brakes within the first year. Cos im pretty sure you wont have the car in pieces before you buy it & these are the top figures for putting things right (unless corrosion has killed a caliper & then your looking at nearly another £1k to replace both!) not a cheap car to fix!! not to mention that at this age suspension is going to start playing up.... at £300 a corner. dont always think a low mileage car is better either, these weekend warriors can sometimes be damaging the car....

a brilliant car but unless your going to 'get involved' with it yourself itl cost you a fortune...ie i fix & service my own calipers, at a saving of nearly £600 a year......

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:25 pm
ollie Newbie

Hi Michelle i also am considering getting one of these lttle gems! there are some nice ones on the puma build website........

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:46 pm
big boy al User avatar

ollie welcome along. them ones on the pumabuild website are all sold, alan keeps them on there for insurance purposes, to keep the prices high.

have a look on pistonheads.com some nice ones on there.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:41 pm
Dogsbody User avatar

There were a couple of the press cars for sale in the last few months.
V2 and V6 have they now been sold?

Obviously if you buy one of these, they have a bit of history and are slightly different to a "Normal" FRP. 8)

Plus they have the V? FRP number plates.

Good luck on your hunts Michelle / Ollie.

Mines cost me about 2K in he last year getting it up together, Brakes, Exhaust, interior re trim etc.
But they are great fun. :P

Be careful in the wet. :shock:
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:48 pm
rallycross Newbie

I am selling my FRP, one owner from new

perfect pedigree;

1 owner from new (lady driver, hence has lived an easy life)

full ford history

serviced every year regardless of miles driven (all services done by the supplying Ford dealer)

currently 49,000 miles, documented with all the old mot's

4 x new tyres (good ones, AVON brand)

cambelt changed this year (you wont have to do this)

lovely condition for year (2000 - W reg)

as new inside never been smoked inside, Puma matts, Sparco seats, does not have the lairy blue steering wheel though, just black leather.

Alloys very good, a couple of marks but for the right price will get these refurbed (I have 2 spare FRP alloys).

new brake pads (it has the big 4 pot callipers)

Miltec silencer, sounds lovely (Almost loud enough to drown out the squeel from the new pads!)

Aircon blows nice and cold

CD player (Ford single disk)

Remote locking alarm

view Surrey.

tel craig on 0208 213 5559

£7.5k ono

its taxed till the end of 2008 and I will include a years mot for the buyer.

edited to add a pic

get it on the track

Return to Members Cars - For Sale