Board index Members Cars - For Sale my latest FRiPpery #191...... now Sold

my latest FRiPpery #191...... now Sold

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:22 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

as some of you know after selling my last FRP about this time last year I soon started yearning for another (should have never sold 338 :roll: )

and I bought 191, soon after starting work on it I got bitten by the FRP bug hard and when FMC 05 came up for sale I had to have it :shock: as I had always wanted one of the San Franciso press cars after putting a deposit on FMC 04 a few years ago which at the time the owner had to pull out of (not the current owner I may add ;) ) I thought I may never get the chance again as I wanted one with the original manfold and plate so anyway V5 bought means I need to sell 191 so thought thread of work wouldnt hurt

191 was advertised on PP as the engine had been run low on oil and had suspect bottom end failure, I became interested after speaking to kevin the owner as he had purchased it when it was only a couple of years old, it had all new brakes all round last year, has a full stainless exhaust has impecable history wih every MOT and receipt from new and is also one of 80 track cars with the LSD

a selection of pics Kevin sent me -

Last edited by Mogsmex on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

so one friday I hitched the car trailor up to my trusty impreza and off I went to Bristol to pick up my new FRP

not long after this was the 10th anniversary at Duxford a decison was made to trailor 191 up there as purchased to get some great 10 yr old shots before i started work, although I did drive round to the musuem (some of you may have heard the "purr" of the engine :lol: )

Cheers to Ed for this great pic 8)

not long after Duxford I was mooching round ebay trying to find a low mileage Puma engine as my plan was to swop the FRP cams over and fit it, when I tripped over Tom who was breaking FRP 75 I popped over there and came back with a new bonnet, fuel filler cap, few other little bits n bobs but most importantly 75's engine which has only done 72k and has a nicely ported cylinder head too 8)

pic of 75's engine before removal

Cheers Glyn Image

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:37 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

so after gettig those bits home, first stage was fit the bonnet (191's was bent), fit the fuel filler cap then a up in the air wheels off weeks deep clean

Cheers Glyn Image

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:46 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

the idea of this was to

A, see what was needed I was pleasently surprised it came up very well 8)
B, to get the engine clean before I attacked :roll:

today my mate Mark came over to help out and a flurry of spanners later we had :?

you can see 75's engine waiting patiently in the background on the stand here

Mmmm ported cylinder head :twisted:

to be continued............................. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers Glyn Image

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:35 am
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Cool thread and good work Morgan 8)

I'd be interested to know how much difference the P&P head makes. Rolling road?

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:55 am
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Good work :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 pm
RESTELL Newbie

Good work Morgan, 191 seems to be coming on nicely. What you gonna do with the old cams from 191? I hear Mr Whiteley has a good home for them!
I think a rolling road might be in order soon as well. Performance Ford this month has a load of chav fiesta on the rollers, some of which with FRP engines fitted, and not one made over 135bhp, id like to see what 441 is making.

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:14 pm
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Wow! nice work!! :D

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:41 pm
ajk Newbie

its looking good. but i'll keep 338 if you don't mind......

just about to book it in for the MOT and planning on getting the Cam do at the same time. picked up the link for the place in Haywoods heath which isn't to far away. I'll let you know how i get on with the garage.

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:53 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

RESTELL wrote:
Good work Morgan, 191 seems to be coming on nicely. What you gonna do with the old cams from 191? I hear Mr Whiteley has a good home for them!
I think a rolling road might be in order soon as well. Performance Ford this month has a load of chav fiesta on the rollers, some of which with FRP engines fitted, and not one made over 135bhp, id like to see what 441 is making.

Alan always says that hardly any of the FRP's he puts on his rollers make 140... most are in the 130's....

i'm not commenting either way as to whether i think thats right or not...as i don't care about rr figure too seriously...but thought i'd post his findings anyway....

mine made 120 at the wheel on the equipment i tested on.... and in the 130's as alan predicted on his rollers...lol

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:22 am
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

tonight done a bit more getting the new engine ready for fitting

took the covers off

a thing of myth ? or does it actually exsist ? yes the famed Racing Puma timing tool :lol:

new belt and tensioner 8)

couple of pics of the removed engine with std head and the new engine with the ported cyl head 8)
shame I'm selling it when it's done :?

standard head

new engine with ported head 8)

all done, with new FEAD idler (they always get noisy so worth fitting a new one whle it's out)

need to order an ST clutch now.............................

Cheers Glyn Image

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:22 pm
Bentleya User avatar
RPOC Regular

Are you selling the engine or the FRP. FRP 190 could do with a Sister :).

Where abouts in Essex are you BTW?
FRP: 190.

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 am
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

More good work Morgan. Clutch aside is it pretty much ready to drop in?

Mogsmex wrote:

That old belt doesn't look too clever!

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:33 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

Bentleya wrote:
Are you selling the engine or the FRP. FRP 190 could do with a Sister :).

Where abouts in Essex are you BTW?

I'll be selling the FRP when it's back together, btw I know Mark that bought your FRP new, I'll let him know it's still around 8)

I'm right next to lakeside :?

Cheers Glyn Image

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:35 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

BurfyBoy wrote:
More good work Morgan. Clutch aside is it pretty much ready to drop in?

Mogsmex wrote:

That old belt doesn't look too clever!

????? thats the new belt :| you got your pics messed up ? :D

yep, new ST clutch, then gearbox and exhaust back on, then pop it back up, plug all the bits in, give it a service, job jobbed :lol:

Cheers Glyn Image

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:25 pm
Bentleya User avatar
RPOC Regular

Wow, thats good. The previous owner didn't take much care off her but everything will be good once ive sorted the niggles.

Would be good to pop up to lakeside soon only in Chelmsford. Do you know what sort of price you'll be letting her go for?

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:47 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Mogsmex wrote:
????? thats the new belt :| you got your pics messed up ? :D

:shock: kak :lol:

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:47 am
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

Brrrmmm Brrrrmmmm Happy days :mrgreen:

I'll update the thread properly later with piccies

Chuffed to bits 8)

Cheers Glyn Image

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:38 pm
Bentleya User avatar
RPOC Regular

Looking forward to the update :).

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:15 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

well update here -

after doing the new belt I done some shopping

new ST clutch, new clutch release bearing, new plugs, new filter, new oil, new gearbox oil (cup of tea is V important too :mrgreen: )

engine off stand, new clutch fitted

fit new clutch release bearing, clean up gearbox and inlet manifold and fit both, place in front of car and hope it jumps in on it's own :P

when that fails get mate over after work (cheers Mark 8) ) and spend the evening putting engine back where it should be

da da 8)

that done, connect lots of bits n bobs, fit new bits n bobs and turn key..................................

be very relieved when it starts straight away and sounds lovely and quiet, so i took it for a swift spin up my drive and it's fantastic in fact it drives a LOT better then V5

so I have spent some time cleaning it all properly ready for it;s new owner

pics taken today, shame it was so overcast as it's looks stunning 8)

tucked back up waiting for it's new owner 8)

so If anyones interested I'll be advertising it only here first as

A, I want it gone quick
B, you lot actually understand that ALL the exspensive stuff is done therefore can see what a bargain it is, so hopefully I can achieve A :lol:

basic stuff

FRP 191, Original LSD car
FSH (tremona and Ford mainly) with every reciept including the paper order that went round the factory denoting ST160 !
new brakes last year (the lot with very exspensive reciepts to prove, fitted by Tremona)
stainless manifold
cam belt just done (genuine ford)
clutch just done (genuine ford ST)
just serviced (all genuine ford used)
v good tyres all round lots of tread (toyo's on rear, parada's on front)
nice Private plate included (Little FRP ;) )
ported and polished Cylinder head
high end Clifford alarm with anti jack and full imobilzer that runs the window up on locking the car and has auto start
6006 6CD stereo
MOT runs out end of this month so going to stick a new one on, so will be 12 months MOT

it's a very tidy unabused car that drives perfect and has all the exspensive stuff done

now the downsides

both rear arch's have rust bubbles, not bad but both rear qtrs could do with being painted, front bumper has a little crack in it, rear tailgate has plugs where a spolier has been, spolier will come with the car (it's only a little one) so you can either refit it, leave plugs or get tailgate repaired to fill the holes

so apart from a little cosmetics it's fantastic

the price is I feel a cheap 4k absoluteley NO offers, I'll leave it here for a week or so before the Pistonheads EBay route

any questions let me know Glyn 07903 425698
Last edited by Mogsmex on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheers Glyn Image

Next

Return to Members Cars - For Sale