Board index Members Cars - For Sale NSF RACING PUMA FRONT WING AND HEADLAMP WANTED

NSF RACING PUMA FRONT WING AND HEADLAMP WANTED

You can list your pride and joy here.

p4ilip Newbie

Does anyone know where i can get one and is the headlamp the same as the standard puma?

spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

headlamp is same as standard puma

new ones can be brought from http://www.agautos.co.uk/index.php?main ... ts_id=5526

no idea where you get a wing from, could try pumabuild

Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Repairing an FRP? I see the one below has sold now - were you the lucky buyer?

http://www.hbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/zyview/D=v ... EM%20IMAGE

Looks like the wing is maybe beyond panel beating back into shape. If you can't source an original wing, then Pumaspeed sell GRP copies.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

p4ilip Newbie

Yes that's the one. I want to try and find a used alloy wing if possible, i had seen some OE ones on ebay unpainted but someone bought them all . Once i get the car back i will have a good look and see if the wing could be beaten back in to shape by a panel beater.

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

The aluminium wings don't take well to reshaping i remember peter beattie saying...so this may not be such a good thing....

I'm sure he said it just fatiques the material ....

lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Another one fo our members has asked about getting a damaged front wing repaired and they will not do it, so it looks like you will eed 2nd hand or a new one.
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hello,
Just spoke to a friend of mine who is restoring a 1959 aluminium bodied Maserati 3500GT. he has a few contacts for aluminiumn repair. I'll try and get them and pass them on.

Apparently there are a few tricks that professional body restoration chaps employ to get round the property changes in dented Aluminiumn, such as placing it in an oven / or applying heat the to damaged area.

I don't think people should be put off repairing wings, addmittedly their has got to be a balance between cost to replace vs. repair and wether the repair is actually feasible, however Aluminiumn is a great material and is used by loads of car manufactures such as Audi and Jaguar to name a few. So the experience is out there.

In the case of this wing, it might be a bit too far gone, however its worth getting a body chap to look at it as you might be surprised! :D

Hope this helps someone. Will post up the contacts when I get them.

Jim
FRP432

p4ilip Newbie

Thanks Jim, will keep my eyes open for your update.

big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

is it the left hand side that you want??

if so i do have a spare one, but it does need a little bit of attention the person i bought it off had stored it and managed to dent it slightly. to be honest i think its just a case or rubbing down and filling and it should be fine.

here are the pictures there is one slight dent/scrape in the outer edge of the lip and one dent near the bottom of the wing .

i think its easily sorted to be honest will get some better pictures tomorrow for you.

heres some but not the best. thats a part of the old bumper on the front all fixing points etc are in tact and fine to use :-).

obviously im not going to let it go for free as they are very rare and go for a bit but im not here to rip you off as it will be bringing another frp back on the road, but pm me if you want it and we can discuss a price.

i also think i have a brand new left hand side light lense as well if you back piece of it is in good order as its only the front lense itself but is brand new. will get a pic over the weekend.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Return to Members Cars - For Sale