Board index Members Cars - For Sale Ford Racing Puma #425 - 30800 Miles

Ford Racing Puma #425 - 30800 Miles

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:10 pm
keeno Newbie

Here we have #425 of 500 Ford Racing Puma's.

The previous owner bought it with just 5000 miles on it in 2002. Since then he has used #425 very infrequently, later garaging it to carry out the usual overhaul of brakes exhaust replacement and the general wear and tear items, however, two years on the car was still kept in his garage, only coming out mainly for MOT’s. He decided to sell it as it needed a fair bit of work and was not able to pursue it himself. Hatton (user name on pumapeople and zsoc) and myself heard of the possible sale by luck through a third person and decided to go and check the car out. After viewing it, we both decided to make the purchase in order to bring #425 back on the road and in a condition that deserves such a great car. Luckily we both have owned Racing Puma’s in the past which gave us an enormous head start as we have already been through this process with our own cars.

You can view our project thread here: http://www.zsoc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162567 (free to sign up if ur not a member).

The spec of the car is as follows:

Ford Racing Puma #425 1.7 VCT
30800 miles
MOT November 2010
Tax April 2010
Service November 2010
Registration M9 FRP (included in sale)
3 previous owners

Service info as follows.:
20/10/2003 - 12355 miles - Carried out by EMG Motor Group (Ford)
11/10/2004 - 16482 miles - Carried out by EMG Motor Group (Ford)
29/10/2005 - 20296 miles - Carried out by EMG Motor Group (Ford)
17/11/2006 - 24195 miles - Carried out by EMG Motor Group (Ford)
(Cambelt changed separately by ford on 12/12/2006 at 24363 miles - Carried out by EMG Motor Group (Ford)
12/11/2009 - 30820 miles - Carried out by Busseys (Ford)

Between 2006 and 2009 the car has been mainly off the road in a garage not being used hence the low mileage and non services.

Since getting #425 home at the beginning of October, a lot of work has been carried out by ourselves and garages. Here is a list of the main work done we have done:

- New OEM Alcon discs
- Alcon caliper and piston clean followed by a repaint
- New Green Stuff front pads
- S/S Miltek manifold
- S/S Janspeed exhaust system including OEM cat
- MOT
- Full 9yr/92k Ford Service and well as a full brake fluid change
- 6 months Tax
- 2 new rear tyres
- Kurust treatment around hubs and suspension arms (front and back)
- New battery
- The car has had a front end respray last week to remove any stonechips and has not be driven since. The new owner will be the first to drive it like this. It has also been completely detailed with removal of all swirls and light scratches. Clayed polished, glazed, waxed. It's had it all done and will be garaged until driven away by the new owner.

If you wish the following extras can also be included in the sale:
- Original FRP tailpipe (so you can weld it on and have the original FRP look with the benefit of a s/s system.
- Original FRP mid section and cat (This can then be cut and used with the Janspeed s/s cat back when needed)

Above is what we have done in the two months. In it’s lifetime, #425 has had the cambelt changed (2006) along with general wear and tear items such as rear discs and pads. We have a folder full of receipts and general info on the Racing Puma, such as how to clean the Alcon calipers. There is also a print out for all the part numbers you may need. Also, not forgetting past MOT certificates.

Engine has only 30800 miles and runs perfectly. It has blue Samco hoses and an Imperial blue rocker cover which compliments the car very well. Mechanically this car is spot on. It has had a few thousand pounds thrown at it by Hatton and myself. We have not scrimped and saved in order to get a quick fix. Everything we have changed has been items we both know of and have had experience with. As stated earlier, we have replaced the front discs to OEM Alcons. We could have gone for a different disc, however we wanted the car to be treated to the best items. A great addition to the car is the number plate ‘M9 FRP’ which will indeed be included in the sale. Interior is immaculate, no rips tears or even bobbling in the seats. The steering wheel is as good as new. The cleanest FRP wheel I have personally seen.

As said earlier the car has been professionaly Detailed and is completely swirl free. It looks truely amazing!

Please feel free to PM me if you have any further question.

£7800 ono
Last edited by keeno on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:38 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

wow... the paintwork certainly never looked that good when they left Tickfords...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:51 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

El dude wrote:
wow... the paintwork certainly never looked that good when they left Tickfords...

Nor did the Imperial Blue cross-member ;)

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:03 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

BurfyBoy wrote:
El dude wrote:

Well spotted Rob :shock:
If it's not a press car, its had a bump !
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:27 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Indeed, I was just going to write that 8) I see from rocker cover its been unfortunate enough to have been to Pumabuild also :lol:
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:32 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

That also doesn't appear to be a Janspeed back box?? :roll:
FRP385
Duxford Concours 2nd

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:18 pm
keeno Newbie

Dogsbody wrote:
BurfyBoy wrote:
El dude wrote:

Well spotted Rob :shock:
If it's not a press car, its had a bump !

Before people make assumptions id like to say that it has not had knock.

1: HPI check was clear
2: The previous owner (who worked at ford) couldnt have been more honest and upfront. He painted the top of the cross member as it looked better (i agree). The back of the slam panel is still black (the origional colour). The paint is very slightly starting to flake and again you can see black underneith.
3: The sprayer who we got to re-spray the front end (who does quite a bit of spraying on lotus's and ducati's) stated that he feels theres been no front end damage after removing the panels to spray.
4: When working on the car we found a date on the inside front bumper (under the part number) showing as october 2000

vaspetrol wrote:

As far as we are aware, this is a Janspeed stainless steel cat back system with attaches to the origional FRP cat (hence why the old one is included in the sale as a spare for the new owner)

We are also including the original backbox so the new owner can, if they wish, weld on the standard tail pipe for that origional look

vaspetrol wrote:
Indeed, I was just going to write that 8) I see from rocker cover its been unfortunate enough to have been to Pumabuild also :lol:

LOL

There are no service reciepts from pumabuild. As the previous owner worked at ford, all services that we have were carried out there as he got a discount.
Last edited by keeno on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:51 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Looks very tidy :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:56 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

vaspetrol wrote:

As far as we are aware, this is a Janspeed stainless steel cat back system with attaches to the origional FRP cat (hence why the old one is included in the sale as a spare for the new owner)

We are also including the original backbox so the new owner can, if they wish, weld on the standard tail pipe for that origional look

vaspetrol wrote:

LOL

There are no service reciepts from pumabuild. As the previous owner worked at ford, all services that we have were carried out there as he got a discount.

I was only agreeing with Burfy about the colour of the cross member, and about the exhaust I was saying it didn't appear to be a Janspeed as it is nothing like mine. And the Pumabuild reference was nothing against the car, it was something entirely different. The car looks mint too me, 8) :D
FRP385
Duxford Concours 2nd

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:07 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

been following the tread on zsoc nice work

Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:11 pm
keeno Newbie

Thanks for you comments guys,

The car is currently being kept in my garage and wont be driven again until whoever buys the car picks her up.

If there are any questions please feel free to send me a PM :)

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:41 pm
keeno Newbie

This is still or sale guys

Im positive that the first to view will buy :)

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:45 pm
cliveh Newbie

Hello,

Looking into buying an FRP. Where in the country are you?

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:39 pm
keeno Newbie

cliveh wrote:
Hello,

Looking into buying an FRP. Where in the country are you?

Hi Clive,

I have replied to your e-mail through pistonheads.

If you need any more info please feel free to contact me :)

For all others wondering this, im near Norwich

Matt

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:33 am
keeno Newbie

Price lowered to £7800.

Now on auto trader.

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:02 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

£4100 ono on autotrader ???

is it still HPI clear ??

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:40 pm
keeno Newbie

Mogsmex wrote:
£4100 ono on autotrader ???

is it still HPI clear ??

My autotrader account was hacked :shock: . The person changed the price and added thier own e-mail address to one of my pictures asking potentional buyers to e-mail them direct ! I suppose so they could get people to give them a deposit before viewing the car.

Contacted autotrader who have changed my account and corrected the advert to the correct price of £7800.

HPI check was clear

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:32 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

keeno wrote:
Contacted autotrader who have changed my account and corrected the advert to the correct price of £7800.

Without having a dig, it might be in your hands for some time to come at that price :wink:

Again this is only my opinion, best of luck with the sale though 8)

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:46 pm
keeno Newbie

BurfyBoy wrote:
keeno wrote:

Without having a dig, it might be in your hands for some time to come at that price :wink:

Again this is only my opinion, best of luck with the sale though 8)

there is one on auto trader for £8495 with 24k on the clock but i appriciate what you are saying.

we are of course open to sensible offers on this.

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:20 pm
keeno Newbie

SOLD TO THE FIRST VIEWER

Next

Return to Members Cars - For Sale