Board index New Forum Members Another new member!

Another new member!

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:22 am
Karen Newbie

Hi there,

I have decided to become a member of RPOC because if I am going to (finally) get the FRP I want :D then I think I may need all the help I can get! And where better to go?!

I wasn't even old enough to drive when the FRP came out but I loved the look of them! Only ever seen 2 in real life and never driven one but know it would be great! Unfortunately there isn't many in Scotland!

I have a some what limited budget and any advice anyone can give me would be most appreciated!

Thanks
Karen :D

P.S. #270 looked fantastic! Someone got a great car there! Unfortunately in between me seeing it and getting someone else (more mechanical than me) to look at it, it was sold :( Sad but not suprising for the price!

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 am
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hi Karen,

Good luck on your search...
You won't ever own a another car that has so much driver appeal, or looks so good :D
Buy the best you can afford, with service history. Or you could find yourself spending a fortune on the car to get it up together.
Pay attention to the brakes !!! Cam belt change!!!
I would think in the two years I have owned mine, I have spent 5K on it :shock:
and it could do with another 1.5k spending on getting the stone chips done, which will never happen :cry:
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:08 am
Karen Newbie

Thank you Graham!

I think my biggest problem is knowing if the car is good value for money since they vary in price so much! Just now I am looking at 2 with a price difference of £1500 though there is a 20k difference in the miles. Both look good in the photos (though I know to take that with a pinch of salt) and both have fsh and receipts. Emailed to find out what work has been done to them exactly.

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:08 pm
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Welcome, good luck with the search :-)
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:19 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Welcome Karen :)

What's your budget, and what specifics are you looking for (showcar/daily driver, not fussed/fussed about miles, fixer-up/or all jobs done)?
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:14 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Welcome Karen :),

Ed is you man when it comes to tracking down cars, so I'm sure he'll help you out on your search
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:42 pm
Karen Newbie

Thanks all for your comments.

Hi Ed,
I have a budget of £5k (£6k [ish] at a push :wink: ) which I am hoping will be enough to secure me a FRP to use at the weekends (not leaving it in a public car park all day - I have a fiesta for that!).
I am not very mechanical myself and therefore any work that needs done on the car I would need to rely on my brother or get it done by a garage, therefore nothing that requires too much.
To be honest I am not fussed regarding the miles they have done, I will take it into consideration however I won’t rule a car out just based on the miles it has done. After all, they are there to be driven!
Know of any up for sale? :lol:
Thanks

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:53 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

hey im from scotland as well :D you had the same problem i faced when looking for them, that the majority are down in englandshire! if you hold out long enough then a couple decent ones should apear up this way.

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:36 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

One of the ex-Press fleet cars was for sale in Scotland until very recently. It was advertised on Pistonheads, but the advert is gone now (rather than marked as sold).
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:12 pm
SPECKOID User avatar

Hi, Karen

Welcome aboard!
As Fergie says they are few and far between in Scotland.
I got mine from Preston and it was well worth the journey.
Where abouts are you from?

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:19 pm
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Good luck with the search :)

We are here to help!
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:54 pm
Karen Newbie

I'm from Glasgow but will make the trip to englandshire to get the best frp I can afford! :lol:

Shame I missed the ex-press fleet car! Hopefully get down to see a couple of frp's this weekend or next! Fingers crossed these ones will be worth the journey!!!

Thanks everyone :D

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:25 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Karen wrote:
Shame I missed the ex-press fleet car!

I don't think it found a buyer, so might still be for sale...wish I had written the seller's number down now!
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:28 pm
Karen Newbie

Ed wrote:
I don't think it found a buyer, so might still be for sale...wish I had written the seller's number down now!

So do I!!! :lol:

Been looking at one but it has been involved in a backend bump a few years ago and with a cat d against it I am unsure whether to buy or not! Everything else about it is good tho, reasonable miles, fsh, receipts (always main dealers), private reg, only 2 owners! Only downside is slight bobbling on drivers seat and of course the bump, which involved cosmetic work only (bumper & tailgate) and I cant see any difference in the colouring (from the photos anyway!). Should the cat d be putting me off :?:

Seen another one I like too but its a bit out my price range and has done more miles!

:D

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

if the one your talking about above is W17 PUM in essex I looked at it last weekend if that helps you at all ?

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:27 am
MarkyMark Newbie

My advice would be to look everyday, i was looking 3-4 times a day, everyday for the past three months or so. Check this site and other owners club sites, check pumabuild/pumaspeed, pistonheads, autotrader, ebay even try internet searches, i spotted some for sale on VW/vauxhall owners club sites, the ads were old but it goes to show they can turn up anywhere. Keep your wanted ad on here updated, one will turn up. Theres one on ebay at the moment http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0394111033 might be worth asking a few questions about it. Good luck with your search, ypou wont be dissappointed when you get one as they are a special car

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:46 am
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Can't see why Cat D should put you off. Still the same car.
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:19 am
fergie RPOC Regular

Karen wrote:
I'm from Glasgow but will make the trip to englandshire to get the best frp I can afford! :lol:

Shame I missed the ex-press fleet car! Hopefully get down to see a couple of frp's this weekend or next! Fingers crossed these ones will be worth the journey!!!

Thanks everyone :D

woo thats where im from as well :d when my car is back on the road you can come see it and get an idea of what one is like, if you want

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:59 pm
SPECKOID User avatar

Karen,

It'll be great to have another FRP in Scotland.
If you want to have a look at mine just let me know although it's definitely NOT for sale.
If you get it soon let me know and we can get it down to Kames for the West of Scotland RS meet
on the 2nd May.

Fergie will be there too.
Got the cage in yet, Fergie?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:17 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Mogsmex wrote:
if the one your talking about above is W17 PUM in essex I looked at it last weekend if that helps you at all ?

Nope, not that one Glyn, the one in Scotland that was advertised with no number plates in it's photos...hopefully you might still have the link in that PM I sent you?
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Next

Return to New Forum Members