Board index New Forum Members Another new member!

Another new member!

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:16 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

Ed wrote:
Mogsmex wrote:
if the one your talking about above is W17 PUM in essex I looked at it last weekend if that helps you at all ?

Nope, not that one Glyn, the one in Scotland that was advertised with no number plates in it's photos...hopefully you might still have the link in that PM I sent you?

2 differant cars Ed ;)

I know the one you mean, I'll have a dig might still have the pm

I was replying to Karen's post as below

Karen wrote:

Been looking at one but it has been involved in a backend bump a few years ago and with a cat d against it I am unsure whether to buy or not! Everything else about it is good tho, reasonable miles, fsh, receipts (always main dealers), private reg, only 2 owners! Only downside is slight bobbling on drivers seat and of course the bump, which involved cosmetic work only (bumper & tailgate) and I cant see any difference in the colouring (from the photos anyway!). Should the cat d be putting me off :?:

:D

and It was the one I was thinking off, I have sent Karen a pm about it :)

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:19 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

Link to # 451 the Ex press car in Scotland Ed is referring to :mrgreen:

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/925449.htm

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:35 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

stupidly cheap.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:14 am
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Mogsmex wrote:
2 differant cars Ed ;)

I know the one you mean, I'll have a dig might still have the pm

Sorry Glyn - thanks for finding that link :)

Karen - 0451 might be worth a look as it is in your home territory - It had new seats a few years ago - a mouse got in and ate the stitching of the originals!

The car featured in at least one article - a great test in Autocar against 306GTI-6 and Integra Type-R.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:53 am
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Croeso as we say in Wales Karen. Can recommend getting your hands on an ex press car especially when you get the magazine(s) its appeared in, seems to give it a bit of history. Good luck with your searches it took me months of hunting around before buying V4 and unfortunately I'd not then come accross Ed whose knowlege of FRP's is encyclopedic. :D

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:58 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

speckoids car is a mint example ;)

na not got it in yet sorting out the abs just now cos the light is staying on so need to track that fault down and the gearbox is getting rebuilt with the lsd then tax and tested :D should be at the meet with or without the puma :P you going ?

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:27 pm
Karen Newbie

Thanks for the link! Might give the guy a phone and see if its still for sale! :D

I normally try to get to the RS day at Kames every year so should be there again this year! Would be great to see your frp's if you manage to bring them along!

Thanks everyone :D

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:34 pm
SPECKOID User avatar

Good luck with the hunt, Karen.

Yeah, I'll be at Kames.

Cheers

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:16 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

ill be at kames as well :D was there last year on the track.

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:17 pm
MarkyMark Newbie

Number 9 is on Pistonheads, new advert :) Looks alright, owner says it has a prototype manifold fitted, only ten of these were fitted to the 500??
http://pistonheads.com/sales/999503.htm
Last edited by MarkyMark on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:22 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

However, that's not really number 9....
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:23 pm
MarkyMark Newbie

:roll: Do tell Ed

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:58 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

It's number 416. Whilst there were some prototype manifolds, they were not fitted to production Racing Pumas. This vehicle needed a new manifold following an accident, somehow it ended up with a non-production item.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:29 pm
MarkyMark Newbie

Ah well, at least Karen will know thw truth. I wonder if the seller knows??

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:43 pm
Karen Newbie

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the heads up Ed regarding #416! I also called regarding the ex-press fleet car but unfortunately for me it was already sold!

On Sunday I happened to spy a FRP in Scotland! I obviously stopped to see if it was for sale, unfortunatly not :( but it was good to see one up close again! :D

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:22 pm
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

ooo 416 didn't that used to belong to a guy by the name of deluded and then most recently kai?

last i heard he had put a NoS system on it but haven't seen him around in a very long time!

It was in very nice condition after one of the chaps had it.. had RS in his username.. too long ago to remember though! Sure he replaced what were fibre glass wings with proper aluminium wings too..

.. but then i could be spouting crap haha

be good to have a look at it though.
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Fri May 01, 2009 4:40 pm
rottytara2004 Newbie

I am a RP owner and will be reluctantly looking to sell soon.

I am in the navy and have been posted abroad for 3 years.

I have owned my dream car for a year now and am unwilling to take it abroad for it to be possibly wrecked.

It is therefore with great regret i have decided to sell.

I own number 343 and live in Scotland (Fife). The car is in mint condition with 88,000 miles on clock. i have only done 5,000 miles in a year.

If you are interested I am looking for £6000.00 and can be available for viewing between 19th May - 30th May when I am back in the UK. I have a few photos if you would prefer to see it although they are not professionally taken.

Paul

Previous

Return to New Forum Members