Board index New Forum Members Today I'm the New Proud Owner of FRP No.80 !

Today I'm the New Proud Owner of FRP No.80 !

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Trevor Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Today I took the plunge and travelled all the way from Cheshire to purchase FRP No. 80 from Tony near Southampton (over 200 miles!).

After reading the latest article in EVO Magazine I just couldn't resist the urge to buy a Racing Puma. I was not dissapointed with the car, it is a cracking example of the breed and tomorrow I plan to detail the paintwork and post some pictures for everyone to see. It is still on the original P80 FRP plate (as seen in the Gallery) and I plan to join the owners club and attend some e Rvents in the near future!

Pictures to follow!

Regards,

Trev & Roza

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Excellent... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Welcome to the club Trevor...

Have a browse round the forum well you get full access... there is all sorts of useful info on parts and maintenance etc etc..

Enjoy!..

Chris

Trevor Newbie

Thanks Chris for such a nice warm welcome!

I am already feeling like part of the Family... cannot wait to get up tommorow, hoping for some sunshine!

Its been a looong day!

Happy to get her home in one piece :)

Trev

red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Great news, I saw that one for sale. It did look very nice.

I'm sure you'll have miles of smiles in her!

As for joining the owners club.. it takes absolutely ages after you've paid for them to sort any extra access out :evil: I paid over 7 days ago and haven't heard anything at all? :cry:

Good luck with the car, look forward to seeing the pictures :)
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Trevor Newbie

Thanks red,

Here's a picture of my FRP, damn the weather! pls stop raining :(

Trevor Newbie

Here's another...

While this example FRP 80 is in fine fettle with only 46k miles on in the next few months I plan to bring her up to 'concours' standard. E.g. My steering wheel blue alcantara has seen better days?

Can anyone recommend places I can source new original parts from? I already have a fist full of receipts from Pumabuild so perhaps there is the best place to start?

Trev

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Parts are available from your ford dealer.. :)

all the FRP 'specific' part numbers are now on this site....and very useful too...

8)

Regards

Chris

timtim Newbie

Trevor wrote:
I already have a fist full of receipts from Pumabuild so perhaps there is the best place to start?
Certainly is a good place to start.

Trevor Newbie

El dude wrote:
Parts are available from your ford dealer.. :)

all the FRP 'specific' part numbers are now on this site....and very useful too...

8)

Regards

Chris

Surprised at that! Fantastic!!!

I figured that its rare status would mean sourcing parts from official channels would be nigh on impossible.

Trevor Newbie

More pics...

Trevor Newbie

First pass valet... Menzerna polishing phase 1

Shame about the weather...

big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

welcome along trevor nice to have you here

number 80 does look like a nice one.

went for a very good price too by the looks of it, they really have dropped alot in the last year.

90% of parts are available but most at stupid prices any wing or bumper will now cost you over £900 in primer and things like front calipers are £450 each side, front disks are £220 a side and pads are about £140 now and there arent any engines ;-)

even all the inlet manifolds are now sold and quite a few other bits like the steering wheels etc. exhaust system is no longer availble from ford but janspeed the original company have made a stainless steel replacement and also piper and miltek make one too but they are all near on £800 - £900 for the lot, but yours looks like it has the full miltek so should not be a problem :-)

is that your f360 Challenge Stradale in the back, if it is you are a seriously lucky man :-) :-)

alan and 241.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Croeso as we say in Wales. P80FRP certainly looks a very good purchase. Perhaps we'll see you at the annual meets at Castle Coomb.

Trevor Newbie

big boy al wrote:

number 80 does look like a nice one.

went for a very good price too by the looks of it, they really have dropped alot in the last year.

90% of parts are available but most at stupid prices any wing or bumper will now cost you over £900 in primer and things like front calipers are £450 each side, front disks are £220 a side and pads are about £140 now and there arent any engines ;-)

even all the inlet manifolds are now sold and quite a few other bits like the steering wheels etc. exhaust system is no longer availble from ford but janspeed the original company have made a stainless steel replacement and also piper and miltek make one too but they are all near on £800 - £900 for the lot, but yours looks like it has the full miltek so should not be a problem :-)

is that your f360 Challenge Stradale in the back, if it is you are a seriously lucky man :-) :-)

alan and 241.

I am really amazing happy with this FRP! It is an absolutely sensational car, it is just so grippy in the roundabouts and the sound on overrun of the splits, pops and bangs is just outright hilarious, I was grinning and laughing like a fool today driving it around my local area. GREAT CAR!

I'm honestly having just as much fun in my little FRP as the 360! It just goes to show you how well sorted the chassis really is, fantastic. The great thing about the FRP compared to the (relatively) big Ferrari is that in the 360 your driving much much quicker and it is a lot bigger dimensionally (even though its only 1280kg's kerb weight so not much difference to the FRP!) so not as accessible on everyday roads as the FRP is. You have to concentrate a lot more.

Also you can leave the FRP in car parks and not come back to find scratches or flem over your car.

One thing that really surprised me so much about the car is how meaty and heavy the steering is and how poor the turning circle is! Its no joke but the CS feels more accessible and easier to initially get in and drive! :shock:

I noticed you took your FRP to the Nurburgring, I did the same last year in the 360! I've got some great pics and memories of that trip!

Trevor Newbie

V4FRP wrote:
Croeso as we say in Wales. P80FRP certainly looks a very good purchase. Perhaps we'll see you at the annual meets at Castle Coomb.

Sounds great. I did the Nurburgring before and loved it so Castle Coomb sounds right up my street.

Definitely want to do the AGM!

L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Hi and Welcome to the site :D some great pics! great to know the frp holds up with a ferrari driver 8) hope you'll join the club soon to take advantage of the full site

Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Welcome along Trevor. :)

You just need either an Evo 6 Makinnen, Exige S1 or Clio V6 225 to complete a set of the Evo legends cars ;)

For info, 0080 wasn't on the P80 FRP plate from new, but was added by (iirc) the third owner.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

James Enwood RPOC Regular

Ed wrote:

You just need either an Evo 6 Makinnen, Exige S1 or Clio V6 225 to complete a set of the Evo legends cars ;)

For info, 0080 wasn't on the P80 FRP plate from new, but was added by (iirc) the third owner.

For info, 0080 wasn't on the P80 FRP plate from new, but was added by (iirc) the third owner, how does someone find that out?

FRP 0080 is looking hot!

James

big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Trevor wrote:
big boy al wrote:

I am really amazing happy with this FRP! It is an absolutely sensational car, it is just so grippy in the roundabouts and the sound on overrun of the splits, pops and bangs is just outright hilarious, I was grinning and laughing like a fool today driving it around my local area. GREAT CAR!

I'm honestly having just as much fun in my little FRP as the 360! It just goes to show you how well sorted the chassis really is, fantastic. The great thing about the FRP compared to the (relatively) big Ferrari is that in the 360 your driving much much quicker and it is a lot bigger dimensionally (even though its only 1280kg's kerb weight so not much difference to the FRP!) so not as accessible on everyday roads as the FRP is. You have to concentrate a lot more.

Also you can leave the FRP in car parks and not come back to find scratches or flem over your car.

One thing that really surprised me so much about the car is how meaty and heavy the steering is and how poor the turning circle is! Its no joke but the CS feels more accessible and easier to initially get in and drive! :shock:

I noticed you took your FRP to the Nurburgring, I did the same last year in the 360! I've got some great pics and memories of that trip!

yeah i have taken the frp to the ring three times, its a great place and i have managed a few laps under the magic ten minutes but you have to be very commited, not that fast in a straight line but it keeps up with alot on corners :-)

im upto 23 laps now but ill doubt ill ever take 241 again now that im over in the isle of man as its just too expensive and i really dont want to risk writing it off again as ive spent over 10k now renewing things and making it like new, but i do have a plan to buy another frp this year to strip out purely for track use so i may be going again.

:-)

this is my folder of pictures from the ring

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/ ... ?start=all

and a little video

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/ ... ent=Al.flv

and a little video of a german tv channel that don a little thing on me and vas

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/ ... -19622.flv
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Ed RPOC Enthusiast

James Enwood wrote:
Ed wrote:

For info, 0080 wasn't on the P80 FRP plate from new, but was added by (iirc) the third owner, how does someone find that out?

FRP 0080 is looking hot!

James

I have been keeping tabs on the Racing Puma population since June 2001 James and have built an extensive database of FRP information. In 0080's case I also have the original registration, other plate changes applied and previous owners.

Just like HPI, but sometimes more interesting. ;)
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Next

Return to New Forum Members