Board index New Forum Members Big Hello from Janspeed!

Big Hello from Janspeed!

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 am
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

I'll keep trying Vas but I just get so frustrated when no one bothers to return my calls and after all I'm the customer. I really dont think they value the FRP business they've potentially got at all.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:09 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Has anyone called and asked to speak to Martin?

I am quite astonished at the lack of response. :?
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Ed wrote:
Has anyone called and asked to speak to Martin?

I am quite astonished at the lack of response. :?

When I called and spoke to Dan, Martin wasn't available but it was him who was meant to phone Dave back, that day :roll:

Dan did say about a few problems that were had trying to work out exactly what was wanted / acceptable to everyone.
Reading between the lines, I think Janspeed regret making the exhausts :?
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:08 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

They are now just about forgiven. I phoned through got the normal answer machine on Dan's number. So then decided I'd try the sales line again to see if they'd get Martyn to ring me and the phone was answered by the man himself. He had no escape from selling me what I needed. Have to admit once I got to talk to Martyn I found him extremely helpful and a great guy to chat to. I did however say how disappointed I was in taking a month of calls and emails to finally getting through to the main man for FRP sales. Such is life another drama over so I'll have to find someone else now to direct my bad vibes at.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:42 pm
jonme Newbie

V4FRP wrote:
They are now just about forgiven. I phoned through got the normal answer machine on Dan's number. So then decided I'd try the sales line again to see if they'd get Martyn to ring me and the phone was answered by the man himself. He had no escape from selling me what I needed. Have to admit once I got to talk to Martyn I found him extremely helpful and a great guy to chat to. I did however say how disappointed I was in taking a month of calls and emails to finally getting through to the main man for FRP sales. Such is life another drama over so I'll have to find someone else now to direct my bad vibes at.

What was the outcome of this, if you dont mind me asking?. Have you managed to get what you want - for how much and what is the delivery timescales? As per my previous post Im looking for new center section and backbox - are they able to supply these or can you only order a full system?

Cheers.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:21 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Hi jonme,

They are able to supply these but only RPOC members, have you joined RPOC officially?

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 pm
jonme Newbie

Yes, am a fully paid up member.

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:24 am
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

On talking to Martyn (finally) I have bought a centre section, back box and fitting kit as i explained to him that FRUP already has a Piper manifold fitted. For price I suggest you speak to him directly but I was pleasantly surprised. Delivery is by next day carrier and I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow morning.

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:31 pm
spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

Dogsbody wrote:

When I called and spoke to Dan, Martin wasn't available but it was him who was meant to phone Dave back, that day :roll:

Dan did say about a few problems that were had trying to work out exactly what was wanted / acceptable to everyone.
Reading between the lines, I think Janspeed regret making the exhausts
:?

To quote Dan, a long while back, "this is why we dont like dealing with owners clubs!"

nope, they do regret this I;m sure!

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:37 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Well I have to say for all my misgivings and complaints about Janspeed the said middle section and back box were delivered by next day carrier and I have to say they look the 'dogs danglies', I'm very impressed. It will be fitted end of next week and I'll update with a comparison to the longlife back box currently on FRUP, which incidentaly will be for sale once removed.

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:01 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hey Dave,
Glad you got it in the end, it is a nice system, but make sure you polish it like a maniac to give Frup a slight chance of beating his friend Vlad. lol

Oh, a bit of advice may be, paint the joining flanges, as they are steel, not stainless, it will help prevent surface rust appearing.

Vas
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:29 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

For the full Janspeed sound, check this link 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abhcPNzdLUg
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Tue May 05, 2009 6:18 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

Whilst rather late in seeing this post, I wanted to add that my experience in sorting out the missing mount points on the manifold for the club was positive and that Mathew was good at replying to my emails and very helpful when I got through on the phone.
A quality bit of kit :mrgreen:
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Tue May 05, 2009 7:40 pm
FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Which number did you use speedline?
I tried the one martyn gave me at the start of this post and it just beeps!!
Claire

Post Tue May 05, 2009 8:50 pm

It took time to get through though, I often used the sales number and got put through, at least then I could leave a message if Mathew was not answering.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Wed May 06, 2009 7:57 am
FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Ok thanks, do you have the number?
I think the one I'm ringing has been disconnected or something!
Claire

Post Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm

I used the one that had been listed on the website
01722 321833

and reading the press link why not try
For further information on Janspeed-Raid Ltd please contact Peter Knivett:-
Email: peterknivett@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: 00 33 549 83 89 22

Post Wed May 06, 2009 9:19 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Getting through to them is character building for sure... :evil: :evil:

Post Thu May 07, 2009 7:52 am
FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

I can't get through to anyone :(
Think heat wrap or making my own mountings is the way forward unfortunately!

Previous

Return to New Forum Members