Board index New Forum Members Build No: 339 / Looking For A Project

Build No: 339 / Looking For A Project

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:09 am
nick_johnson User avatar

Hello,

I thought I would take the liberty of joining the forum this evening as I am considering purchasing a Ford Racing Puma, I have spoken to a trader who has build no 339 for sale in Bradford however it requires some TLC (his words not mine). Apparently it requires a new exhaust manifold to pass an MOT and the body work isn't great.

I managed to find these pictures: https://plus.google.com/photos/103563680760807726185/albums/5497189346193095937?banner=pwa

I was interested to know if the car is known to anybody here before I take a trip from Essex to go and view it? I don't have a huge budget and I recon that I can purchase this car for under £3000 and fancy a bit of a project.

If anybody has any info or advice then please do let me know, I look forward to hearing from you all.

Regards
Nick

V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Don't personally know 339 and difficult to tell from the photos how rough the car is. Regarding the manifold we have three Janspeed stainless steel in stock in the club and also piper do one which is not a problem.
From the photos there are a few scratch issues with the bodywork and a crack in the front bumper all of which look simply repairable if your a bit handy, ask the seller for an honest opinion on the rear arches but again these can be cheaply repaired. Interior looks ok from the photos and mileage is good for the year. Crucial to know is the state of the front brakes and its worth asking for a measurement of the thickness of the front disks and pads minimum thickness of disks should be 26mm. Replacement bells and rotors would cost around £360 with pads another £100 max. Would be great to see another one saved so good luck and keep asking the questions.

Smudge User avatar
RPOC Regular

If this is the 1 off eBay, I emailed them about it, and they told me that the owner had lost all the paperwork and history - which often is a worrying sign. On the other hand it's still a cheap FRP :)
Matt
FRP #435

nick_johnson User avatar

It is currently listed on eBay along with two others at the moment, his explained that he would accept £2900 but that is just outside of my budget for a project car. So I am planning on going back to him with a counter offer and leaving it at that.

Thanks for the advice I will ask about the rear arches, I know these can be a bit of an issue on any Ford however as a member of the RS Owners Club I know a good reputable body-shop who will be able to help me out. I will also ask about the disks, I have to say I'm not in a rush so if this isn't the car I am after I will keep looking.

Thanks
Nick

Return to New Forum Members