Board index New Forum Members low mileage FRP

low mileage FRP

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 am
RICHARD WOOD Newbie

Hi All

My name is Ricky Wood . I have number 443 with only 17.000 miles on the clock ( Ithink it is the lowest mileage frp in exsistence) it has also been garaged for 7 years . Nice to be part of the club.

Regards

Ricky

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:28 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

I think Peter Bowman 446 just trumps you as his was sitting at 16, something, but welcome.

Just make sure although its low mileage to keep running it as the zetec SE engine doesn't like being stood.

Simon

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:06 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Welcome Ricky great to see a new member. Plenty of help and advice on here.

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:47 am
RICHARD WOOD Newbie

Hi All

Thanks Very much for the welcome. I have totally restored the underside of the vehicle now i need to refit the braking system . My question is how do you define which of the front discs is left & right.

Thanks

Ricky

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:55 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hi Ricky welcome along to the club

The vents in the brake disc have to point backwards

Alan.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm
RICHARD WOOD Newbie

Hello

Thanks for the information. Just a thought i organise the visiting car clubs at the RSOC national day at Donnington . i havent seen you guys in attendance for a while? i seem to recall a guy called Baz that was the main contact.

Regards

Ricky

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:15 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

May have been vas (vaspetrol on here)

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:03 am
RICHARD WOOD Newbie

Hi

Yes i know Vas. If you guys would like to have a display at Donnington next year please let me know. Do i have a subscription to pay let me know and i will forward it.

Thanks

Ricky

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:22 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

Ricky
Membership details in this thread, it too me over 2 years to figure out you get access to a lot more info and areas on the site with membership inc all the press coverage, tech guides etc

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2194&p=25948&hilit=membership#p25948

Simon
RICHARD WOOD wrote:
Hi

Yes i know Vas. If you guys would like to have a display at Donnington next year please let me know. Do i have a subscription to pay let me know and i will forward it.

Thanks

Ricky

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:51 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

Hi
I think Rob might be lower still but that is a very impressive low mileage, but it can take 20k for all the grizzles to come out of the FRP, so we might be picking our long memory cells if you get them.
National Day has not been done for a while now (I confess to having never made the drive to Donnington for this), we always get a great welcome reception at the Castle Combe RS Regional Day.
0443 is a new one to my knowledge. Great to discover a 'wild' one.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 pm
pandy Newbie

My FRP - 212 - is another low miler at 19.5k. Shortly after i bought mine three years ago i remember
spotting several more sub 20k examples for sale. I recall seeing one with 6k, another with 9k and a
couple of others with under 15k so your's is only amongst the lowest milers.

As others have stated maintainance is far more important than low mileage, desirable and collectible
though these cars may become in the future. Mines had paintwork rectification and had any early
corrosion eradicated but some of these cars left Tickfords in a sorry state and i've seen evidence of rust
on poorly stored low milers. Also make sure you've had your cambelt changed recently!

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:41 am
RICHARD WOOD Newbie

Hi All

I am pushing on with the refurb on the Puma . Does anyone have a photo of the front brake line assembly i know it comes from the caliper then through the bracket that is attached to the strut there is also a small black clip but iam not sure where this locates ( Does anyone have a photo of the brake pipe / strut assembly )

Thanks

Ricky

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:42 am
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

you'll find pictures of that in the technical gallery on puma people forum

Return to New Forum Members