Board index New Forum Members FRP and Focus RS Mark 1 Price Differentials

FRP and Focus RS Mark 1 Price Differentials

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

pandy Newbie

Has anyone else noticed that the Focus RS Mark 1 has taken a bit of a plunge in value of late
whilst prices of even averagely good Racing Pumas has appeared to level out?

Could this mean the Racing Puma is finally starting to be appreciated for the more bespoke, exotic
product it clearly is and on the way to becoming a true classic Ford Motorsport derived product?

Obviously the Mk2 RS is having an impact on Focus Mk 1 prices but i can't help thinking that
the creators of the Racing Puma were right all along and the purity of the driving experience
outweighs all that extra horsepower. Let's face it the Focus in either format is no looker either
whilst the Racing Puma still looks contemporary but different from the mould.

coopersmotors Newbie

Based on it's glaringly obvious rarity, combined with it's handling, the FRP is vastly under rated IMO. I posted an article some time back, comparing it to the standard classic, namely the E Type Jaguar. According to DVLA there are some 5000 odd Jags, ie 10 times the total FRP production run, OWNED & DECLARED SORN !!! Htf does that compute ???? Oh n a E Type handles like a yacht in full sail, the electrics don't work, the engine over heats for a laugh & despite their reputation, they will not do 150 mph, not even with a tail wind. GRRRRRRR Who writes the rules ?????

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

coopersmotors wrote:
Oh n a E Type handles like a yacht in full sail, the electrics don't work, the engine over heats for a laugh & despite their reputation, they will not do 150 mph, not even with a tail wind. GRRRRRRR Who writes the rules ?????

:lol:

my dad says he did 140 in one...and it was extremely unstable.. as you can imagine..lol

as you say, the brakes and handling were terrible :D

Return to New Forum Members