Board index New Forum Members New member FRP 400

New member FRP 400

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:43 pm
bigtazzsi Newbie

just purchased FRP 400 it seems to have dropped off the radar as i havnt seen any info on this car, its only had 4 owners and it has a rpoc cticker in the window, can anybody give me any info on my new purchase?? i previously owned frp 401

Thanks guys and girls

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:31 am
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Not one that iv'e worked on....

Welcome back to the club tho.. 8) 8)

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 am
bigtazzsi Newbie

cheers mate, it has deffo been owned by a previous member of this club, also it had extensiv emoney spent on it between 2006-2009 at pumabuild , maybe it would be best to contact them? it also has a pumabuild stainless manifold, powerflex rear bushes etc, what gains do the pumabuild manifolds give over the stock item?

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:27 am
racingpuma1982 RPOC Regular

Pumabuilds manifold is an exact copy of the original manifold so no gains. 401 is on here. Never come across 400 though.

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:17 pm
bigtazzsi Newbie

yh i sold it to a lad called jay(number 401) misse dit so found 400 locally owned by a lady whos had it for the past 4 years, it is in very good condition with just the usuall wear on the steering wheel, however my traction control light and abs light have come on now if anybody has any ideas?
also is there much gain to be had with a decat pipe? or a cone type air filter?

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:06 pm
frp_024 User avatar

traction control and abs light usually means one of your abs sensors has gone, quite common in a car this age, (both of mine have gone in the past 18 months) and no, panel filter is better than cone.
FRP-024
My Wee Project Thread - Clicky

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 pm
racingpuma1982 RPOC Regular

Decat doesn't seem to make much difference as it already has a sports cat. I had a k&n cone filter on mine, it did seem to accelerate quicker but can suffer from heat soak. Panel filter is probably best. The FRP engine is difficult to tune. Easiest way is nitrous but I think they are best left in standard form.

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:55 pm
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

401 was a mess when Jay got it :shock:

He's done a great job fixing it up.
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

401 is a great buy for someone now, it is for sale if you look at the rebuild thread on pp it is amazin

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:42 am
tommobot Newbie

400 was my old one!

I presumed it was scrapped as, as you said it completely disapeared. Think I owned it between 2007 / 2009 ish, not entirely sure when. Spent a small fortune or sorting it out as it was a bit ropey when I purcahsed it. Was really good condition when I sold it though, bar stone chips and tiny bit of rust. I see its recently come up for sale, really, really miss that car! :cry:

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:12 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

I have the cone filter on mine as of about three days ago and a spit back on the rolling road :shock:
Due to the problem of heat sink under the bonnet, I have left the bottom of the air box in place with the cold air feed going to it from the grill.
It sounds nice, not as offensive as the one I fitted to a 1.7.
Good for a couple of BHP I think.
Mine ran up on the rolling road at 159.7 BHP with the K&N panel filter and the Pumabuild Piper FRP exhaust.
Then 198.8 BHP with Nitrous oxide switched on :D

So with the cone filter, I should be just over 200 BHP :wink:

Couldn't think of a cheaper or easier way to get a decent boost to the cars power, than NOS....
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 pm
bigtazzsi Newbie

i purchased it off a young woman, used it as her daily car, its got a few marks to the bodywork now but mechanically is sound! ive put it on ebay now, starting bid of 2500 with a very low reserve, it is a good car with a lot of receipts and history, ive owned it about 2 months now

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:38 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

bigtazzsi wrote:
i purchased it off a young woman, used it as her daily car, its got a few marks to the bodywork now but mechanically is sound! ive put it on ebay now, starting bid of 2500 with a very low reserve, it is a good car with a lot of receipts and history, ive owned it about 2 months now

Why? Did you just buy it to sell on for a profit?
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:10 pm
bigtazzsi Newbie

no i didnt purchase it with the intention to sell it on for profit, my job cicumstances have changed and i dont fancy doing a 80 mile round trip everyday in a FRP thanks

Return to New Forum Members