Board index New Forum Members Hi, New member need help....I found one!

Hi, New member need help....I found one!

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Mon May 14, 2012 9:21 pm
happydaze3481 Newbie

Hi everyone
I'm a mechanic in sunny old Essex, many years ago I used to service a racing puma, By chance I spoke to the owner today and the old girl is sitting in a garden looking sad for itself, Its covered 160k, body damage, all be it slight, but all round needs lots of TLC. I do not want to let this one slip away. What the hell is it worth, he asked me to make an offer, What would you say. Its not turned a wheel for 2 years. I desperately want this car, be part of the few. Tell me people
Thank you.
And no I'm not saying where it is, for completely selfish reasons, I am sure you all, will see me right.

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

wow thats quite a few miles..do you know what manifold number the car is??

Chris

happydaze3481 Newbie

No, I'm afraid not, when I asked his said he thinks its 300 and something, not much help I know, But hey what a find.

racingpuma1982 RPOC Regular

With that mileage and damage plus not moving for so long id say £2k max. Will need alot of money spending on it.

Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Yeah likely to need a lot doing to it, but could be a good buy.

I'd certainly have a good look at the sills, fuel tank, service book, Callipers, discs etc as these can cost a fortune to replace especially the brakes etc.

Good luck tho
FRP314

Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Oh and the obvious, signs of the head gasket, as this could be a reason why it was taken off the road.
FRP314

frp_024 User avatar

I paid just over £2K for a bit of a dog but compared to the one you have found its a wee bit better. Id offer something between £1000 and £1500, he can only ask for more money if hes offended by that, and just say what everyone else has said. It could cost an arm and a leg to turn it around
FRP-024
My Wee Project Thread - Clicky

Return to New Forum Members