Board index New Forum Members RP 032# details

RP 032# details

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 am
tash123 Newbie

Is 032 a known car and if so is there any details on its history please...

Keen to buy a car based on all the advice that wont need money pouring into it

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:21 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

Dont buy an FRP then !!!

Mine is a good one, but already spent over £2k to get it close to how I want it.

Simon

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:30 pm
jay frp401 RPOC Regular

me too. ive spent 2000k on it, but should of cost if i need did any of work 5k easy!!! and im still spending on it.... nothing is cheap with a frp.. but we love them :)

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:22 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

They are fabulous to own but frustrating as well I've spent similar amounts on V4 but when it comes to selling a car with all work done and a history that others cannot match no one is at all interested at what I consider to be a reasonable asking price. Looks like V4 will just stay in his garage for a few more years.

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:57 am
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Quite right Dave, people unless actually serious about owning a proper classic just look for the best of the cheap ones to work with which as we know can be false economy. (engine rebuild in the first 2 months of ownership anyone?)
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:01 pm
jay frp401 RPOC Regular

er not me.. mines has done 87k but no knocks and goes well, just the cam belt to do.. but have been thinking about getting a low miles engine... but unsure what to do as its all ok. saw one with 25k standard 1.7 but don't no.. i heard some parts of engine you cant rebuild... puma build sell short blocks for 2500!!!! jokers!! but if you have the money by a good one, or your spends loads, but you will any way.. that why i got mine knowing i wouldn't be happy unless i built it.

Return to New Forum Members