Board index New Forum Members urgent help required, frp 292 may end up being broken :-(

urgent help required, frp 292 may end up being broken :-(

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

fluke Newbie

292 has now failed its 2nd mot on emissions after the garage come up against a wall and could not do any more without a replacement air mass reader, so that was replaced and still the ecu didnt pick any thing up! so could be a fault with the ecu of much worse, if i cant get this fixed it well be another frp on the trash pile :-( so any all help appreciated!

gally Newbie

You're not going to scrap an Frp for failing an emissions test.

Mines failed spectacularly. It's almost a straight through exhaust. Take to a more "friendly" Mot place.

Replacing my lambda sensor solved most of the issues.

L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Your mad to scrap it due to emissions! The FRP is notorious for emissions, you have to get the CAT red hot! I'm talking 15 - 20 mins of hard driving then straight on the emissions probe! Unless hot it will fail!

the old gimmer RPOC Regular

Fluke, panic not I will buy the car off you, change the Lamda sensor and then take straight for an Mot!
Seriously, as gally said change the sensor, run the car for 20 minutes and it will sail straight through.
FRP 10th Anniversary Duxford

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

get them to do the test manually, where each test is done seperatly...

the computer then gives you around a minute to rev the engine (system evac)... mine went through piece of cake on this test...

if all three are tested at once as per the normal test procedure, it can be a pain to get 3 green lights up!..

good luck :mrgreen:

Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

What exhaust have you got fitted?
The "New" Janspeed one is hard to get though the emissions.

Mine gets a good thrashing before it's MOT. If it fails it just means it wasn't driven hard enough. :wink:
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

bonnietiler RPOC Regular

It must vary from car to car though, I have a full Milltek system on mine and it flew through the emissions?
Bonnietiler

Smudge User avatar
RPOC Regular

Mine has to be "punished" before an MOT. Plus now my MOT centre know to do it manually and rev it.

Simples.
Matt
FRP #435

Bentleya User avatar
RPOC Regular

The MOT test center I go to just do it manually and sit in the reving it slightly goes though after about 10 mins.

Or ask them to hook it up to another car.......
FRP: 190.

Smudge User avatar
RPOC Regular

Exactly.

So get on it chap.

Saying your going to scrap her because of failed emissions is like saying your going to amputate you leg because you've cut a toe nail too short ;)
Matt
FRP #435

fluke Newbie

well the garage are goin on and on about it could be this and it could be that, and at the moment the cost is just going up and up. due to my money grabing ex funds are at an all time low!
and the apparent problem with the ecu isnt going to be cheap apparently but if a spirited drive and alot of revving will get it through its probly worth a re test!

alib RPOC Regular

Mine failed on emissions first time round this year - then I took it to a place in Wolverhampton recommended by El Dude and it went straight through - bloke there doesn't have problems with emissions he told me.
Alison

FRP9 RPOC Regular

Dibs on front wings. :lol:

jay frp401 RPOC Regular

mine took 10mins from cold and pasted well happy cause i did s~~t myself lol

vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Vlad"-385 went through his MOT yesterday and passed first time :) Full Janspeed exhaust too:) MOT MAX in Mansfield are really good with it:) They were revving pants off him but no probs :)
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

the garage obviously dont know the FRP! Don't scrap it on the basis of them saying 'it could be this and that'....

fluke Newbie

the fear of scrapping her was due to money sadly, i felt ashamed to think about it if im honest! but after trying lots of little tricks, and obviously offering a little extra ontop to the wrong garage ( did not go down well at all) and weeks and weeks of no car, keeping her clean on the drive way tho was still a priority, 292 is back on the road :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jay frp401 RPOC Regular

Good to hear that mate :) never scrap them too rare for that,

what was worrg with it or was it just the garage testing it worrg.

Return to New Forum Members