Board index New Forum Members Please Read! All New Members

Please Read! All New Members

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:38 am
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Welcome Mark this is just the right place to get lots of info on FRPs. They are a superb car to own and to drive and still turn heads wherever you go. If you do look to buy look for one from a club member that's been cherished and always ask on here as there is plenty of advice available.

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:54 pm
Will.joy Newbie

Hi my name is Will and I will be looking to buy a Ford Racing Puma, not too fussed on the condition,
Also I could be of some use to any member as I work for A Ford dealership, so please feel free to ask any questions I might be able to assist in some way, and I can get Racing Puma Parts, my dealership is also a mountune pro dealer and I have an account with Milltek.

Thanks for reading

Will.

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:54 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

FRP Specific parts are no longer stocked at Ford.. and havn't been for some time now.. I'd be fussed on condition :-o FRP's do tend to eat money

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:51 pm
Bondeo Newbie

Hi, I'm looking to get back into FRP ownership in the next few months. Owned my previous FRP about 6 years ago, had an Audi TT, Megane R26 and currently got a Megane 250 Cup but new job means I don't technically need a car for commuting. So I'm after another FRP as its the only car I was gutted to sell.

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:04 pm
Rachael Newbie

I am looking to sell my FRP (number 128). It came from Pumabuild about 3 years ago and I have used it daily since then - it runs really well. It has 99,000 miles on the clock. The body is in good condition. Would anyone have an idea how much it would be worth?

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:43 am
Mitch449 Newbie

Hi all,
I am on a quest to get myself back in an FRP, having been an original owner. I cannot for the life of me remember what manifold or reg number I had, but I was in the Army in Germany at the time, which meant I didn't pay any VAT and was eligible for a forces discount, and got mine for around £16k! I also managed to take delivery from Tickfords on the factory visit during the track day at silverstone...happy days. I still have the goodie bag I was given, unopened.
It would be interesting to know if anyone on here has my old car, I seem to remember the DVLA changed the reg number when I re-imported it. Ford did a bit of re-wiring in the fuse box trying to fix an imobilizer fault, that turned out to be a short on the steering column.

A friend of the wife's is looking to sell hers, I know it's unmolested, but haven't had a good look around it yet. Advice on what I need to pay particular attention too would be appreciated. :?:

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:08 pm
blaster Newbie

Hi, firstly sorry about my username it was all i could think of at the tme. I am a ford trained technician who is not turning spanners anymore, instead I work with industrial washing machines and blast cabinets . I,am looking to purchase a racing puma that I could maintain/cherish and have loads of fun with at the weekends.If anyone knows of one for sale(preferably in the northwest) could they please get in touch.Many thanks Martin

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 am
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Mitch449 wrote:
Hi all,
I am on a quest to get myself back in an FRP, having been an original owner. I cannot for the life of me remember what manifold or reg number I had, but I was in the Army in Germany at the time, which meant I didn't pay any VAT and was eligible for a forces discount, and got mine for around £16k! I also managed to take delivery from Tickfords on the factory visit during the track day at silverstone...happy days. I still have the goodie bag I was given, unopened.
It would be interesting to know if anyone on here has my old car, I seem to remember the DVLA changed the reg number when I re-imported it. Ford did a bit of re-wiring in the fuse box trying to fix an imobilizer fault, that turned out to be a short on the steering column.

A friend of the wife's is looking to sell hers, I know it's unmolested, but haven't had a good look around it yet. Advice on what I need to pay particular attention too would be appreciated. :?:

Hi

I vaguely remember you, and your car, I was at the Silverstone day and also went on the Tickford tour and I think I remember someone picking theirs up from Tickford.

we may have records somewhere of your car, if you give us your full name we might be able to trace the number and maybe where it is today.

Glad to hear you are thinking of coming back to FRP ownership :)

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:00 am
Mitch449 Newbie

Lisa,

If I remember, I think I gave you a lift back to The track that day.

I traded it in for a WRX STi PPP at the Subaru Dealership in Hull in 2002. They repaired and painted the splitter black, because there was some slight damage to it after hitting a bunny.

Anton Mitchell.

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:22 am
lisafrp User avatar

Yeah, possibly, I remember 4 of us squeezing into an FRP! Did you buy it from a dealer in Croydon - Dees? The salesman was called Steve something or the other!

I'll see if we have anything on file :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:57 am
lisafrp User avatar

Info I have:

FRP109 
Original Reg: W403 DXP 
Re-reg: W862 YRH

The owner I have on file James Meldrum who was a member back in 2007 with the Reg 943 EAM

I don't think we have seen it since

HTH
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 pm
Mitch449 Newbie

It looks from the DVLA site, that it is still running around with the private plate on it.

Post Fri May 10, 2013 11:43 am
Sidsfrp Newbie

Hi all

I'm new to this site but had my frp 4yrs and love it.

Does everyone's car crackle and pop on lift off ? Mine doesn't but ill hopefully have that sorted this summer.

Anyone going to ford fair?

Post Sat May 18, 2013 11:07 am
spacedmonkeys Newbie

Hi I owned Racing Puma #362 from 2002 until 2010, loved every minute of it.
I sold to the new owner, who did at one time send me some pics of it.
I can tell from Google search that he is active or was active on this site and would like to get in touch but it seems I am limited on what messages I can view? Can someone help?

Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:02 pm
dpmdpm Newbie

Hello, just registered. Hope to use the site for assistance in getting my FRP back on the road again

Post Fri May 24, 2013 10:22 pm
2wdrules Newbie

Hi. My name is Tom and I'm from Denmark. I have just registered. I dont have a FRP, but have been thinking about having one for quite some years now even though they only come in RHD :o . I run a 2wd Sapp. Cosworth and have had it almost for 18 years, but as I wrote the FRP is in my head and it wont go away :wink: .. so now the Cos. is up for sale. So I was hoping, if or when the Cos. is gone, to find the info. here needed to find a fine FRP when that time comes. :D

Cheers

Post Sat May 25, 2013 10:25 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Hi Tom welcome along. Certainly the right place to get plenty of advice on FRP's just ask away.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:57 pm
Tom04 Newbie

Hi all,

As the username suggests, my names Tom and I have been the proud owner of #232 for about 4 months now. I am looking forward to benefiting from the wealth of knowledge available through the RPOC and will also be keeping my eye out for various bits and pieces that come up for sale. Its great to finally be on board and I look forward to speaking to you all in due course.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Welcome along Tom and congrats on choosing an FRP any help or advice will be found on here. Cheers Dave

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:00 pm
alexw56 Newbie

Hi everyone

just a standard puma owner here. Hopefully that will change :)
Just here to find out more about the FRP

PreviousNext

Return to New Forum Members