Board index New Forum Members markc and FRP#31

markc and FRP#31

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:53 pm
markc Newbie

Hello everyone,

I collected #31 from it's temporary custodian on Saturday and drove it back to it's new home in Surrey a journey, from Nantwich (Cheshire) of 175miles. On this journey #31 clicked over 40K miles and didn't miss a beat.

First driving impressions were pretty positive with the Pumabuild exhaust buzzing under load then popping and banging on the overrun as I drove away from Paul's house :lol: After a pit stop to check tyre pressures, the front right was at 47psi!, and and under bonnet for any untoward leaks etc we hit the M6 at an initially steady 65-70mph. It soon became clear that everything felt strong and the pace picked up to something a bit quicker but not too loud. The suspect clutch proved no problem at all and 3.5hrs later I climbed out a little deaf but grinning, particularly from the final couple of miles of non motorway twisties 8)

Sunday morning and operation Puma clean was launched. The car had obviously been standing under a tree/s of some description as the boot shut areas and behind the fuel filler cap were full of crud. I decided to cheat a bit and took it to my local jet and handwash center who duly got the worst off, including the impressive fly collection from the day before, had an initial crack at the (white) wheels and a good hover out. Back home and a more careful handwash got all the shut areas properly clean and the paint ready for a first layer of polish. Then a couple of hours on the wheels with various potions got them looking presentable.
By now the car was looking pretty fine and the window tinting applied by a previous owner really started to bug me. Not that it was badly done or flaking but a) I don't like it (on any car) and b) being on the front windows is illegal. The rear screen came out in one go leaving no glue lines at all but the side windows were much harder, even finding an edge was difficult! Anyway I persevered and another couple of hours later and with the help of meths to remove lefter over glue the car looked MUCH better. :D

Future jobs will be to change the wheel colour, sorry white wheel fans but I hate them, cleaning the steering wheel (the alacantara is filthy), get the small area of surface rust on the sill where it meets the divers door, and have chip/crack in the centre of the rear bumper above the number plate fixed.

Here are a few pics... (if I can work out how to post them)

Cheers

Mark

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:16 am
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Lol I guess you didn't work out how to post the pics!

Nice write up though, sounds like a cracker :D
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:54 am
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Awesome :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We're having some nice FRP weather at the moment... 8)

Regards

Chris

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:45 pm
markc Newbie

red wrote:
Lol I guess you didn't work out how to post the pics!

Correct :oops:

Do I really need an online location for my photos, I don't have one or particularly want one? Is there a way to upload them just to here?

Cheers

Mark

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:34 pm
Bentleya User avatar
RPOC Regular

Welcome along Mark!

You will need an online hosting site for you photos, most people use photobucket which is free.

www.photobucket.com

Aaron
FRP: 190.

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:41 pm
Smudge User avatar
RPOC Regular

Photobucket also have a great iphone app

:D
Matt
FRP #435

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:43 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

You could also use the gallery on this forum, check out the tabs at the top of the page :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Return to New Forum Members