Board index New Forum Members New to the Forum :)

New to the Forum :)

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:26 am
MattyH Newbie

Morning everyone, just a quick hello as I'm new to this forum, though I currently drive a Zetec S and I'm on ZSOC.com.

I'm looking to get an FRP towards the end of the summer or even next summer when the funds allow.
Hope to check out a few in the flesh at Ford Fair in August too :)

Matt

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:04 pm
jay frp401 RPOC Regular

hello mate,
i used to be on there, jay zs had a zetec s with 138bhp
i now have a #401 whick im rebuilding at the min, got it in dec 2010, the mk6 fiesta zetec s i would of fort would be the better car, but the racing puma is a much better car, so nice to drive, but i tell you parts are not cheap mate, you need to get one with paper work, cam belt, alcon breaks rebuild as they ant cheap, new front disc will put you back 400 just for disc, also the time is not to buy one as they have started to go back up in price, a rare car to look after and worth a bit in years to come. jay

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm
Bentleya User avatar
RPOC Regular

Welcome along matey :).
FRP: 190.

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:09 pm
MattyH Newbie

Cheers guys, I was aware that the brakes were expensive and required servicing regularly but I wasn't aware that expensive :shock:

I was surprised how many there are currently for sale, so I'm hoping that there will be still a few good ones when the time comes to buy, I definitely think they're only going to increase in value and its definitely the right time to buy.

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:19 pm
jay frp401 RPOC Regular

it is a good time mate to buy one, just check puma build parts, cause not many places sells the parts as he bought most off them, and most ford deals cant ge the parts as i foundnt out a i work for ford!! really i foundnt is the rust on the sills where the panel is fitted over the standard puma one, yes it pop riveted on!! just just in case you ant saw one they are all like this, also on the arch lips, and gaps are different on every one as tickford was in a rush to make 500 lol.
But im sure when the time comes if you go to look at a frp get the number as people on here may no the car history,
But ones pop up on here for sale.

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:02 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

What area are you in Matty..??

if near Nottingham pop over and see mine if you like... My Nitrous bottles are full at the moment too.. :twisted: :twisted:

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:47 pm
matt478 Newbie

Welcome along.

Im also an zsoc.com.

I looked at FRPs for around 6months before i bought one. Check the likes of Autotr4der, eb4y and pistonhe4ds regularly to get an idea of price amd condion of most.

Return to New Forum Members