Board index New Forum Members All the threes

All the threes

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:52 pm
DRS333 Newbie

Hello All

Just bought #333 today. Taking delivery in a week. Saw it and had to have it. Will use it as daily commute car along the winding roads of Oxon and Berks.

Can't wait. It just looks so fantastic- drives nicely too.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:36 pm
Bentleya User avatar
RPOC Regular

Welcome :). 333 seems like a nice number to have.
FRP: 190.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:31 pm
jay frp401 RPOC Regular

welcome mate. nice number to have 333 i have 401. get some photos ups. injoy it mate my still makes me smile and love the popping. i use my every day but goin to get 2nd car so i can injoy it more :)

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:26 pm
DRS333 Newbie

thanks very much. should be taking delivery in 7 days or so. Only became aware of them properly at the NEC last november and then started browsing yesterday and had to go get one..

Suffice it to say I will circumvent the credit committee (AKA wife) by explaining it's based on an old fiesta. Though the stunning looks belie that fact.

As soon as I saw it I had to have it. Will try to post photos when I take delivery.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:30 pm
jay frp401 RPOC Regular

was like me mate, i swaped a 55 reg fiesta zetec s with 33k on clock for mine, but soon a i pulled up i wanted it!! :) and now the spending starts here my frend, the parts ant cheap i tell ya. makje sure its had the cam belt done. thats what im getting done soon, and who eva does it make sure they have the FRP cam locking tool as its differnt to the 1.7 puma.

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:00 am
DRS333 Newbie

Where are the best places to get the cam belt done properly for future reference?

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:35 am
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Alreet mate and welcome along :)

Good choice you made there with the FRP!!
As for the camblet, where abouts are you located? Top Gear Automotive in Wolverhampton is a brilliant place and Martin who works there is an expert on the FRP, hes not badly priced either :)

Richard @ Tremona is another expert on the Puma in Southampton.

Many garages can do the cambelt change but make sure they have the correct timing tool for the FRP, the tool is slightly different from that for the standard 1.7.

Welcome over again :D

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:11 am
DRS333 Newbie

I'm in South Oxfordhsire near Reading and Oxford - hopefully a good FRP place nearby.

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:33 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Croeso as we say over here in Wales and an inspired purchase if I may say. For cambelt your not a million miles from Richard in Tremona Garage Southhampton who did V4's cambelt a full service and transformed the car I highly recommend him.

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:00 am
Xrion Newbie

Did you buy it from the guy in the farm? wasnt impressed when i went to see it, the seller had no history with him, no idea about anything that had been done to the car (cambelt, brakes, etc) i hope he gave you a good price.

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:09 am
DRS333 Newbie

I got a good deal I'm sure. As to history etc well my wife married me with a chequered history.

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:16 pm
Xrion Newbie

haha guess so :P

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:36 am
DRS333 Newbie

Got it. Love it. Better than my 993.

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:14 pm
FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Hello and welcome! My number plate is 333 lol!
Claire + Penelope #148

Return to New Forum Members