Board index New Forum Members wats an FRP???

wats an FRP???

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:05 pm
fluke Newbie

feeling a little flabby today i decided to go to the gym in 292, as im going across town i notice a new RS is behind me, turns out he was goin to the same destination, i parked and he parked next to me said good morning exchange plesantrys as many ford enthusiast seem to.

He then asks ''were did u get that body kit from?'' :shock:
i replyed '' it isnt a body kit'' 8)
he says ''wat is it then'' :? sounding a little lost and confused
when i informed him it was an frp is he didnt have a clue!

just wundering if any body else has experienced anything similar to this?

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:41 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

I got stopped at the gates of a inland scuba diving club in Frome, when I was dropping off the daughter a couple of years ago.
Said the car looked smashing with the body kit I had fitted, and where could they get one.
I too had to explain about all things Tickford and special edition :D
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:16 pm
Xrion Newbie

I popped into my local Shell garage.... Oh boy this is a good one i stopped got out and was greated by a "how much do they cost new?"....... Had to explain they dont make them new anymore.... and i got a "OH! i thought it was a Ferrari" haha.

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:48 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

yep in 5 years of frp ownership ive been asked it at least twice a year, and most times where did you get that bodykit from.

feel like a proper geek explaining it to them but its nice to spread the knowledge :-).
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:34 pm
fluke Newbie

was just the fact he got out of the new rs realy made me think ''god daym, u dumb''!

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:43 pm
ric377 Newbie

I had a similar conversation with a mechanic at a repair shop when getting a quote for the rear arches. He didn't know who Tickford were and asked me who fitted the bodykit :)

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:32 pm
fluke Newbie

dose some times put the thought into your head that maybe there is some one out there who owns an frp and dosent have a clue just to how speacil it is! quite a worry!

Return to New Forum Members