Board index New Forum Members preserve or modify?

preserve or modify?

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:45 am
fluke Newbie

would like to get peoples veiws on this one! frp 292 has obviously been modified in the past, has a stainless steel manifold, deff had a front strut brace and cone filter (i know this due to a certain screw being missing)

i have a lot of work ahead of me as it is! but would like opinions as im torn between preservation and creating a beutifuly savage beast!

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:17 am
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Hmmm its a tough one. With a few tweaks it could be a beast as you say, but I would always feel bad knowing I'd chopped up a car of limited number.

For me it's preserve (and get another Puma and go to town on that :wink: )

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:56 am
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

I like to modify :twisted: :twisted: but preserve most of original look and class... hence why my Nitrous install is very hidden, apart from the bottle in the boot, which has also had things done to it to blend in better with the rest of the trim...

Also my audio work use all the original speaker locations now..so nothing obviously done until you switch on some Deadmau5 :mrgreen:

I like the engine bay looking fairly standard to be honest.... many owners are not using the original exhaust anymore and have fitted a stainless version..

Regards

Chris

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:23 am
fergie RPOC Regular

i say modify but with subtle, tasteful or modifications for track.

mine has miltek exhaust, speedlines, coilovers, safety devices bolt in cage, stripped, samcos, s1600 ford racing seats, osram bulbs, hids, smoked repeaters and stuff

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:38 am
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

I say do what you want to do :wink:

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:29 pm
Riyca # 342 Newbie

You can't go wrong with a subtle rear spolier....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/largep ... model=PUMA

Keeps the back down in the cold weather !!

:D :D

Return to New Forum Members