Board index New Forum Members Hi with a question!.....Real world MPG & any info on #139

Hi with a question!.....Real world MPG & any info on #139

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

ollie Newbie

Hi I am Ollie from South Yorkshire...

I have been floating about for a while now, always fancied a FRP although I have never driven one! I prefer cars that handle than out and out speed. I have previously owned a Clio Williams and the current car is an Octavia 1.8T vRS.

I do a fair few miles (70 per day) which is likely to continue for about 6-12 months. What are the real world MPG figures in terms of cost per tank. I get 400 miles from £65 worth of fuel if driven carefully and dependant of traffic etc. How would a puma compare?

The only Puma to really take my eye is #139 http://pistonheads.com/sales/2163946.htm does anybody know it?

FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hello Ollie,
I usually get about 32 MPG from my FRP.

Based on the 32MPG assumption, to run an FRP for 400 miles would cost you approximately £70 (using V-power 99 octane fuel priced at £1.24) or £66 (using 97 octane fuel priced at £1.17).

So its probably about the same as running your Octavia RS. :D

Jim
FRP432

ollie Newbie

Interesting! :D

Hot Wheels RPOC Regular

I get around 253 M/P tank so that is interesting for an FRP.
I Dream im on Vacation as I like the way that Sounds Its the Perfect Conversation for Me.

Puma Winner Top Gear Competition for best reflective paint finish and shine.
2009 detailing award santa pod.
2009 FRP prize winner castle combe

spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

The puma has a smaller tank, hence why around 300miles per tank is about right, of course depends how you drive it! ;)

And fuel consumption, I've never calculated my mpg, but the tank is 40 litres and on a good day I could get 75 miles per quarter tank (possible the quarter marks aren’t quite right, but this works out at about 300 miles for a tank. But anyway you don't buy this car for its fuel economy, you buy it for the fact that in 5th gear at 70 miles an hour, you still get good acceleration.

FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

I see 139 is sold!? Did you buy it Ollie? :D

Jim
FRP432

ollie Newbie

I know its not a mile muncher, I went from a DC2 ITR to the Octavia for that reason but I still get the itch for something special but If it was really bad then It would be a definate no no. 300 miles to a tank is fine. No unfortunately I did not and it did look a good one. I still have my car to sell / swap but I still like and and it does the job for what I bought it for. It would have to be a very nice example for me to change cars. This is my car if anyone is interested http://pistonheads.com/sales/2169542.htm thanks for your replies! :)

What rpm does it sit at at 70? My ITR was at 4500 which is way too much every day!

gally Newbie

I would say 4000rpm not intrusive until above 70mph I would say. I pootle along at 60mph on the motorway most of the time. :)

Oh and that FRP was a great example.

red User avatar
RPOC Regular

70MPH is around 3700 from memory.

I do 80 miles a day in mine without issue, if I'm driving normally i.e. smooth gear changes and not getting to excited out of bends / round abouts then I'd expect 280-320 miles from a full tank using some of the reserve.

I do car share now so I don't have to do 80 miles every day in the FRP, I also using other methods of transportation. But Ihave absolutely no problem doing 300 miles in one day in my FRP. (Which I'll likely be doing on Tuesday to Swindon and back)
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

ollie Newbie

Thats fine for me then, what this space! :wink:

ollie Newbie

Dam ham fisted fingers! watch this space! :D

jalf990 Newbie

Damn, I was just looking on piston heads for FRPs and #139 was on but its gone, can't have been on long :(

FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

I've got a nice one for sale if your interested? :D
Jim
FRP432

ollie Newbie

FRP432 wrote:
I've got a nice one for sale if your interested? :D
Jim
FRP432

Yours looks really nice Jim, everything has been sorted by the looks of it and its a well respected car. If I was in a position to buy I would definitely have a look :D

Return to New Forum Members