Board index New Forum Members Hi everyone

Hi everyone

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:10 pm
Paul R Newbie

my names paul and i have fiesta zetec s at the moment but im currently looking into getting an frp ive always liked them.
i went to look at one on fri it was number 333 and i loved it, its the first one ive driven so far and i thought it was awsome so thats started me off now lol

so im on here to meet some new people and hopefully gain abit more knowlege on them before i buy one

cheers

Post Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:22 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Hiya Paul...

Have fun finding a nice one...try not to get too excited and buy the first one you see...lol :lol:

Fire away with any questions you have... :mrgreen:

Chris

Post Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:27 pm
Paul R Newbie

cheers mate well info i know of so far is fluids and general service parts are normal so easy to get but brakes can be costly mostly due to the front calipers needing to be rebuilt every year or so, is there any aftermarket calipers or ones off another ford i could use instead? id keep the alcons of course to put back on if i ever sold it on.

also suspension arms are hard to come by ive heard, are the suspension bushes (ie rear beam, arms etc) special to the frp or is it just a case of going to ford? and also are all the bushes replacable or would i have to sorce the whole part the bush goes into.

there is also a special timing tool for the cams ive heard which is also hard to come by does anyone make a modified/custom made one?

is there a list of parts you can still get from ford on here anywhere and info on where to get parts that ford dont do

i will have a good search around on here for more info so i appologise if im asking questions that get asked freqently

thanks in advance

Post Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Paul R wrote:
cheers mate well info i know of so far is fluids and general service parts are normal so easy to get but brakes can be costly mostly due to the front calipers needing to be rebuilt every year or so, is there any aftermarket calipers or ones off another ford i could use instead? id keep the alcons of course to put back on if i ever sold it on.

also suspension arms are hard to come by ive heard, are the suspension bushes (ie rear beam, arms etc) special to the frp or is it just a case of going to ford? and also are all the bushes replacable or would i have to sorce the whole part the bush goes into.

there is also a special timing tool for the cams ive heard which is also hard to come by does anyone make a modified/custom made one?

is there a list of parts you can still get from ford on here anywhere and info on where to get parts that ford dont do

i will have a good search around on here for more info so i appologise if im asking questions that get asked freqently

thanks in advance

The Brakes are awesome, and one of the best things done to the converison, so i wouldn't advise taking them off... they are not as fussy to keep in good working order as you may think... but when they do get some attention, it must be done thoroughly and NO cuttings corners to save a few quid...ie buying discs not made for the car that need washers etc etc... :x :x

All parts of the suspension arms are servicable, so no problems there.... :mrgreen:

Timing tool... yes, it is specific, but plenty of places have one....

FRP specific parts are no longer available at ford now... the clearence center has (and is moving them on)...Pumabuild has extensive stocks of these items....

Regards

Chris
Last edited by El dude on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:58 pm
Paul R Newbie

ok cheers mate so are the busches redily available or are they special to the frp

and what about other things that go like mafs and 02 sensers?

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Bushes are all easily available... the bigger rear bush (front lower arm) is different from the standard puma, buts it's not a specific racing puma part as such...just a different part from Fords 'parts bin'...

engine sensors are all standard puma items too... there is a wire extension cable to the Hego/oxygen sensor but thats it.... that extension is no longer available i believe...

Regards

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:27 am
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

Pumabuild as far as I am aware have at least one timing tool for the FRP, Alan confirmed yesterday when Peter asked that he did. :)
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:33 pm
Paul R Newbie

ok thanks very much for your help guys im almost centain on one now i test drove a civic type r before the puma and to be honest the puma felt so much more special and fun to drive

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:01 pm
Paul R Newbie

also i assume the floorpan is quite prone to rust (around seat mounts etc ) like my fiesta or isnt it as bad. does it have the factory ford underbody sealent undernieth or is it just painted. my fiesta has the factory ford underbody sealent foam on it but its crap tbh as the rust just festers underneith it so it just hides the rust its dangerous in a way.

Return to New Forum Members