Board index New Forum Members Hi all!

Hi all!

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:17 am
Xrion Newbie

We'll its official after 3 years of driving my puma 1.7 and having to give it up just before its paid up (due to £300 bill on fuel per month).
And droping down to a 1.4tdci fiesta for 3 years due to finance i finally get the car i've wanted for 7 years! as of this saturday i'll be the new owner of #236.
Mechanicly its sound the previous owner put alot of money into it (major service in april @ £600, full miltek 4-2-1 back, brakes and cambelt).
It does however need re-trimming inside (front seats+wheel) and has 2 back to lacquer scratches (no rust "yet") which i'll need to have removed.

Hopefully when all is done i'll be joining you guys at the annual get together.

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:27 am
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hi, Look forward to seeing you at Duxford then? and the annual meet at Castle Combe's RS day :D
Quite a few of us have moved from the 1.7 onto the FRP.

You will need to source the Alcantara for the seat and steering wheel, PB have the remaining stock and are charging quite a lot for it :cry: But ask the seller if they have any stored away, quite a few of us do :wink:
Sometimes it turns up on Ebay, so keep a watch on there as well.
Graham
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:46 am
Xrion Newbie

Is it a special Alcantara?

oh and i just got a £602 refund from the tax man so it looks like it might go into the body shop to get the scratches removed :P

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:59 am
Dogsbody User avatar

Yes, it was only done for the FRP.
Luckily for us the proposed 1000 cars were never built, so "Boyriven" the supplier had quite a bit spare.
Thats now all been sold to various members, with PB getting hold of the remainder.
I think I paid around £35 per limier metre direct from them.
PB are now charging £50 for 0.5 limier metre I think.
The nearest Boytiven do now it too light.
Graham

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:04 am
Xrion Newbie

I've just spoken to Wessex trim who were recommended by Tremona, they basicly said its horrible stuff but they can get it at about £86 per metre.
Since im no good with my fingers i'll pop down there and see whats the best they can do. Im looking for "near" perfect. Its 10 years old so i figure its not going to be new again :D
Unless i just buy a complete new set of front seats?

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:09 am
Dogsbody User avatar

There aren't any :shock: I did hear Alan at PB had got hold of a pair for over £800 a while ago.
I had my drivers seat done and steering wheel a while ago and it took 0.5 of a meter.
The trimmer I used for the seat used the original base cushion sides again, to save on material.

Allon White sports cars are the only people to use for the wheel , you need to speak to Sean. :wink:

Where are you based?
Graham

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:18 am
Xrion Newbie

Im based near southampton.

Might have to forgo the wheel, but i will need the bases of the seats done since they are looking pretty shody at the moment :P

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 am
lisafrp User avatar

If you would like to come to Duxford with your new purchase you are more than welcome, we have a couple of tickets left so I can add you on :) It is in just over a weeks time, so you wouldn't have tim to get the bits done, but there won't be another event like this for many years to come :)

More details here:

http://www.rpoc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1644

Let me know asap if you would like to come along, and send payment via paypal :)

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:50 am
Xrion Newbie

Sent you a PM lisa.

1 day to go.... so excited :D cant wait.

Return to New Forum Members