Board index New Forum Members Newbie Alert

Newbie Alert

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:39 pm
Muddy27 Newbie

Hello All,

I am a proud new owner of a Racing Puma, purchased today, Pick up next week! I am 19 years old and come from hertfordshire!

Any advise on just after purchase, what needs to be done or any other tips and hints!

The number plate is X544RNO, so any history will be helpful too!

Kind Regards

Rob Mudd

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:02 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hi, Welcome to FRP ownership and the forum :D
What build number is the car?

Cam Belt is due to be changed this year on age regardless of miles.
Front brakes require regular servicing, Chris on this forum looks after quite a few members barkes if you don't fancy doing it.

Take care in the wet.... The back can let got in a instant and it's almost impossible to catch if your driving fast.

Get your name down for the 10th anniversary meet at Duxford in August and there is a meet at Castle Combe in July.

Graham
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:18 pm
Muddy27 Newbie

I think it is build number 331, can't remember and forgot to write it down!

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:10 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Hiya Muddy...

hope you are enjoying the car so far.... i have to say wish i had a car like that at 19 lol... :shock:

main things to check other than standard puma service items are the Alcon brakes and bushes mostly... many cars that are still on original bushes (front lower arms and rear beam) are now crying out for new ones... :lol:

I offer a full rebuild and overhaul service on the brakes and stock ALL the associated parts, so that any issues can be resolved on a day visit to my garage.. :mrgreen: i also have done the bushes for a fair few owners too... but my advice is great the calipers checked out firtst and make sure they're in good shape... 8)

hopefully see you at some point this year ....

Regards

Chris

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 am
FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hello Rob,
Where abouts in Hertfordshire are you? Myself and 432 are in Hitchin.

As Chris says, front and rear suspension bushes are getting pretty tired now, and the brakes require a bit more care than a standard car, however there are lots of people in the club who can give you advice.

Jim
FRP432

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:41 pm
fab Newbie

Hi,

I own #381 and am from Hitchin in Hertfordshire as well!

Return to New Forum Members