Board index New Forum Members New member #478

New member #478

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Thu May 20, 2010 7:43 pm
matt478 Newbie

Hi people, joined after picking 478 up last weekend, got it for an absaloute bargain.

was recommended to join be fergie who is a fellow member on ZSOC.

Looking for FRP steering wheel as mine has worn the material and front brake discs and pads.

Matt

Post Thu May 20, 2010 8:47 pm
the old gimmer RPOC Regular

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the club, it doesnt seem 5 minutes ago when I was a newbie with 374, Ive had so much fun with the car and got so much out of the club.

If you struggling for a steering wheel ive currently got three, one i wouldnt put on a wheel barrow, the other two one of which is currently on the car were both recovered by Allan Whites.

The general problem other than the Fabric, seems to be the degrading of the plastic through general wear and tear and the action of sunlight. Its just a case of keeping your eyes and ears open and tracking down a good un.

Alan Whites will recover them, its just a case of blagging some of the correct Fabric off someone. Like so many of these re covering jobs its not cheap but they come recommended. Call me sad or what ive taken to driving with gloves in an effort to keep the fabric clean.

Look forward to meeting up, where you from by the way ?
FRP 10th Anniversary Duxford

Post Thu May 20, 2010 9:09 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

Welcome :)

Driving with clothes also ensure you never loose grip and slip on the steering wheel, though I only use gloves when giving it large (on track). So not odd wearing gloves :)
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Thu May 20, 2010 9:48 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Croeso Matt as we say down here in the valleys. Allon White are the steering wheel recovering gurus as Jim says there is still some alcantera knocking around and no doubt someone on here will point you in the right direction.

Post Thu May 20, 2010 9:56 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

the old gimmer wrote:
Call me sad or what ive taken to driving with gloves in an effort to keep the fabric clean.

hope they're tasteful ones...

:lol: :lol:

Post Fri May 21, 2010 12:54 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

ahoi hoi

wonder who sent you over here matt ;)

Post Sat May 22, 2010 10:43 pm
SPECKOID User avatar

Welcome aboard, mate. Any friend of Fergies..............
Maybe not. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to New Forum Members