Board index New Forum Members FRP 591

FRP 591

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:29 pm
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Dogsbody wrote:
Looking forward to seeing the finished beast
I'm sure there used to be a Red one too :?

Nice one Sam :D

Look forward to seeing it!

There did used to be a red IIRC Elvin had that one but was abit of a bodge jobby!

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:20 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

oh god dont say that burfyboy, i'l be proper screwed if that happens to me, i already have been with out it for 6 weeks :evil:

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:10 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

That's It Elvin, I knew someone would remember :wink:
Well done Zara.

I only ever saw the pictures, it looked OK in them .

There was a whole shelf / rack of knuckles last week at the NCC, I was offered at £40 each. :D
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:48 am
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Dogsbody wrote:
Well done Zara.

yeah it did in pics, just close up it did need some attention... was sold to someone called Adam further south somewhere.

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

Dogsbody wrote:
Well done Zara.

There was a whole shelf / rack of knuckles last week at the NCC, I was offered at £40 each. :D

your really not helping! lol is that the national clearance centre? if so do you know there number i will give them a ring as ford have now said that the knuckle is still showing as 'on order' from germany!!!! so im guessing that it will never turn up, am really desperate now as i get the car back next week, no knuckle equaly no car

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:27 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

i just spoke to the national clearance centre, they have no left knuckles, if anyone has a left knuckle please please please can i buy it off you, i am desperate

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:31 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

knuckle disaster over, i got a brand new '908' left hand knuckle, with wheel bearing and hub/ABS ring pressed in to it for £91 plus £10 for postage! even better though, from ford the hub and knuckle together is like £200! zippyracing were really helpfull and provided a excellent level of service, highly reccomended!!! should also have some more pics soon as the car will be done any day now

:lol: :o :P cheers

sam

Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:00 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

got the car back today, i am so so so so so so so so happy with it, it looks awesome, and the finish is brilliant, although it looks kinda weird with the narrow track, sean g has kindly let me keep the car in his garage over the weekend, and we will be fitting all the wide track components next week, i have taken loads of pics just need to get them off my phone first before i upload them, will take pics of the suspension build too and post them up next week, stay tuned........

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:20 am
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Saw the pictures, looking very cool... what a great project.

Not sure about those mirrors though 8-)
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:06 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

had some more issues with the car, it developed a major squeek from both front sides, on closer inspection the top mounts on the struts were rubbing on the strut tower, a small ammount of grinding (done by seang as he doesnt trust me with power/air tools) and some small washers to raise the top mount up off the tower a few mm and problem solved, will take some high quality pics in the next few days and add then on to the gallery, there are some pics in the gallery on the other puma site, but they are a bit low res as they are from my iphone

thanks for reading

sam

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:50 am
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

d170sam wrote:
had some more issues with the car, it developed a major squeek from both front sides, on closer inspection the top mounts on the struts were rubbing on the strut tower

Probably a bit late but have you seen this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1743

Get some picture links sorted of your progress, would be nice to see the Puma to FRP modifications taking place. :D

Was your car a FRP prior to starting the work or a normal Puma? If its the latter have you modified the front inner arches to increace clearance?

Rob.

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:28 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

it is the latter Rob, i have bent back the lip at the top of the arch but it still rubs sometimes, any tips? will load up some pics, i just have really slow internet at home and it takes about 10min per pic to upload, plus im a bit retarded when it comes to computer things, will have a go though dont worry

cheers

sam

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:31 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

apparently i'm not allowed to access this, bit strange as i have paid my membership for a year, any ideas? what is the topic about?

cheers

sam

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:08 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

The topic is a guide and ETIS manual to modify the turret tops as per your previous post. Are you a paid up member?

I have modifed the arches on 2 pumas now, I have found the best way is to cut 2x 25mm or so virtical incisions in the arch lip approx 150mm either side of the strut centre then hammer that section horizonal (lip inwards), then hammer the sharp edges of the un modifed lip up and away from the tyres at 45 degree angles. I then finished the bare arch with some Hammerite straight to metal paint.

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:51 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

yeah i am a paid up member, although i did what it said in the pack i got from vas, i.e. sent an e-mail to one of the moderators, but i dont think my account ever got the full access allowed on it, i paid up over 2 months ago :( gay!

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

d170sam wrote:
yeah i am a paid up member, although i did what it said in the pack i got from vas, i.e. sent an e-mail to one of the moderators, but i dont think my account ever got the full access allowed on it, i paid up over 2 months ago :( gay!

I have had a look through my pm's back to Feb and I can't seem to find one from you?, if you pm me your membership number I'll sort it out for you :)

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:57 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

cheers guv will do

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

hello all, i know i have been super slack with getting up pics of my car so here are a few at last

Focus RS mk1 brembo calipers and 324mm discs

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:37 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

my car and sean g's frp

st170 rear disc conversion

performance trim full carbon bonnet

polished inlet

more build pics

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:48 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

steel inserts i had made to allow the use of standard puma coilovers in frp knuckles

ap coilovers

all my new ford wide track parts

ford racing guages

PreviousNext

Return to New Forum Members