Board index New Forum Members FRP 591

FRP 591

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:00 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

eBay :)

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:38 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

small update this month, got a t-piece to fit my fuel pressure guage to my fuel pressure regulator, also got some magnecor leads, and some comparative photos of a standard 1.7 piston against my wossner low compression piston, i have lined up to wrist pin holes so that is why you can see a difference in deck height on the side profile picture

im still waiting for my forged rods to turn up, Chris at Lightning motorsport has said they should be here in the next few weeks

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

how do they compare weight wise..?? are you going to get the counter weights re-balanced/matched to compensate...

I know vibration-free over this service..

Chris

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:53 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

El dude wrote:
how do they compare weight wise..?? are you going to get the counter weights re-balanced/matched to compensate...

I know vibration-free over this service..

Chris

I haven't weighed them yet but I will do, and yes il be getting the whole bottom end balanced to match

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:00 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

got some new rose jointed drop links of the fleabay, look pretty good and seem pretty solid

also had this bad ass mustang parked next too mine the other day, thought it was well worth a pic :)

also ordered my stainless tubular manifold so im waiting for that and still my forged rods, hopefully they shouldnt be too long!

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:00 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

fitted my new drop links, here is a pic of the old ones fitted and comparison of old against new, the car is silent now going over bumps so that is well worth the cost, however handling is no different, i am plaesed with them though as they look ace :)

still waiting for my stainless manifold, its been finished but im waiting for my forged rods and intercooler kit so i can get one massive package in the post rather than pay seperate postage for individual items! i decided to abandon the charge cooler set up i was going to run, i already had a pace charge cooler i got cheap off ebay and a new focus RS charge cooler pump, i sold these on ebay and they have covered the cost of the intercooler kit, so that has saved me a few quid as i now dont need to get a charge cooler rad and expansion tank :)

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:18 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

That links looks meaty. Should it be stronger?
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:14 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

Yeah it should be tougher, and last a lot longer too, plus the rose joints can be replaced separately

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:58 am
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

We run the Wossner pistons and PEC rods in our race car, they are pretty good for the money :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

That's good to hear, thanks Lisa!

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:59 am
lisafrp User avatar

Looking forward to seeing this put together and running :) What ecu will you be using?
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:21 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

I think il be going for the new emerald ecu setup

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:57 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

well im still waiting for rods, manifold and intercooler kit to turn up, which is disapointment to say the least, anyway got my ARP head stud kit in the post today, these are actualy for the 1.6CVH turbo engine but fit the puma fine, they are a couple of mm longer than the puma head bolts but apparently clear the cams fine!

also found some pics of my car next to the cornwall air ambulance, i spent a day with them last year and had a few flights with them, the paramedics thought it would be fun to get these pics

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:54 pm
lisafrp User avatar

It's very frustrating waiting for parts!

Looking good with the air ambulance though :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:32 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

big update this month, got a very large parcel fom Lightning Motorsports! including:
- stainless tubular turbo manifold
- turbo gasket and studs
- toyosports intercooler
- intercooler fitting kit
- forged steel rods
- ARP rod bolts

anyway, here are some pics

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:50 am
lisafrp User avatar

Nice :)

How much was the Stainless Manifold?
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:19 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

About £500, expensive but its an integral part so had to be done, not sure on the intercooler, it might be a little small?!

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 am
lisafrp User avatar

That's not too bad, was it custom made for you?

We run a charge cooler with a pre rad, so I can't comment on the size! Although I do think our pre rad is bigger than that.
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:15 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

Yes it was custom made, il e-mail lightning Motorsport see what they say about intercooler, should be able to send it back and get a bigger one!

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:04 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

ok, so i have some updates at last! couple of pics from my wedding day first:

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

got some new parts for the turbo conversion too, here is a pile of aeroquip hose/hose ends, the hose is the teflon lined version so no fuel smells in the car!

Image[/img]

here they are fitted to my swirl tank

Image[/img]

fitted to my fuel rail

Image[/img]

i also got a new bosch '044' motorsport fuel pump, i have the aeroquip fittings/adapters for this too somewhere, here it is fitted in to its mounting bracket

Image[/img]
thanks for looking :)

PreviousNext

Return to New Forum Members