Board index New Forum Members FRP 591

FRP 591

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:51 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

Hyperford wrote:
Hi looking good,hope you get finished for the meet,look forward to seeing finished car
Good luck,enjoy reading your posts

thanks dude!

ok so here is an update, new discs turned up and i was able to get the car finaly put back rogether, also manged to get the wrong ones sent back for a refund, anyway here are some pics:

fuel tank fitted

i got my new fuel filler hoses fitted, im really chuffed with them, they look real good, i have another set if anyone wants to buy it (the hoses came in 1M lengths so i have loads left over

exhaust back on

shocks brake lines and hand brake fitted

beam, spacers, splash guards, spindles, hubs, and caliper carriers fitted

caliper test fit

Thats it for the mo, just need to bleed the brakes and its drivable, the car is going to a friends garage Monday for the welding and MOT then its to another mates body shop so its looking good to be at the 15 year aniversary FRP meet (where i will literaly be the black sheep - Ha!)

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:12 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

small update, i got my baffled sump back from the powder coaters

ive not had chance to fit the baffle back in it yet

also got my Lightning Motorsport ported/polished throttle body back (the paint finish wasn't all the good so i stripped it down, had it sand blaster and powder coated) i fitted new bearings and cleaned/painted the linkage

also got a 3" v-band adapter for my turbo to down pipe

also got a new rotary polisher, going to have good fun detailing my car wheni get it back from welding/bodywork :)

Post Thu May 28, 2015 6:43 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

little update, car is all painted and looking shiny, should be getting another beam this weekend, also got my aeroquip hoses and fittings for the turbo's water supply

Post Thu May 28, 2015 9:11 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Wow!..now that's a black Puma!.. looking good

Post Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:13 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

finally got the replacement beam fitted and had 4 wheel laser alignment done, its now true to FRP geometry now and feels lovely to drive again!!

finally got my alternator back from a guy who rebuild them, its all new inside and shiny on the outside :)

and also i got a vibratechnics engine mount too, however when i went to press it in to its mount today i cracked the mount, now i need to get another and try again with a more gentle approach

my dog thinks its a toy

Post Wed May 18, 2016 5:59 pm
Hyperford RPOC Regular

Looking good
FRP 0374

Post Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:38 pm
FRP093 User avatar

once you go black you never ...

nice car RACING BLACK?

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:06 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

sorry no updates for a while, I got married and bought a house! ha anyway lots of progress going on at the mo, just dropped my engine and all its bits off at Lightning motorsport for the big build to take place, Chris is going to add liners to the block, keyway the crank and build the engine as well as get the lot balanced too, he will also be fitting some custom made turbo spec cams to get it all running nice, the plan is to take the car up in a month or two to get the engine fitted and tuned :) in the mean time I have ordered my Emerald K6 ECU to run it all, it was ordered with one of their custom wiring looms and new sensors to suit with the addition of a VW MAP sensor, also the ECU has a three way switch to change between maps on the fly!!!

In order to run it with my race technologies digital dash I had to buy this super expensive comms cable, however this will make it soooooo much easier to run the digital dash, there will still be some wiring to do e.g. dash warning lights, and fuel level but that will thankfully be less of a headache now!!

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:57 pm
Hyperford RPOC Regular

Congratulations on getting married,nice to see your posts again
FRP 0374

Post Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:01 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

congratulations on your marriage :)
I got some rubber tops for my Halford's axel stands from Ebay.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:00 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

speedline wrote:
congratulations on your marriage :)
I got some rubber tops for my Halford's axel stands from Ebay.

well spotted! thanks for the tip!

few more parts and a little work on bits today, received my Quaide ATB diff from Pumabuild and also got round to start fitting/wiring my race technologies 'dash 2' in a spare binacle i bought

Post Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:22 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Great stuff, love that dash install.

Post Mon May 01, 2017 7:35 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

did some wiring and tinkering today, started by fitting a For Racing Boost gauge:

fitted my Emarld 3-way ECU switch next to the push button start

started on the wiring loom for the Race Technologies Dash and control switches

As i'm removing the A/C and moving the PAS pump to the front of the engine it needs a new feed pipe from the PAS tank to the pump, basically I've wrapped this with Samco tape to make it fit in with all the other hoses (1st time being a Nurse has come in handy, bandaging skills put to the test!)

also started working out where all the Aeroquip fittings go, took a while but this is most of it (minus all the braided hoses)

Last edited by d170sam on Wed May 31, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue May 02, 2017 7:21 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

That's methodically laid out and very neat wrapping on that hose with tricky curves.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Wed May 31, 2017 8:01 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

done some more work today, i had to add the latest software update to my digi dash, disater happened and the dam thing got corrupted, anyway contacted Race Technology and they will reflash it and fix it (hopefully for free as this is known to happen) so i posted that off, whilst i couldnt work on that i went about boot mounting the battery and started to remove some of the aircon bits, anyway here are the pics :)

battery removed

Aircon bits removed

Aircon pipes blanked off

pipes removed

battery in the boot and all working well :)

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:32 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

little update from Lightning motorsport HQ today

Engine painted in Imperial blue, steel liners added

nice bit of honing to the cylinder bores

crank has been lapped as the journals were a little rough

keyway added to crank

Custom made turbo spec cams

Painted rocker

All laid out ready for final build

The heart of the beast

Image[/url]

Post Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:38 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

couple of updates, got some new pics from Lightning Mortorsport HQ, engine build is underway!

ive also made some good progress on fitting my digidash too, spent a whole day soldering wires and heatshrinking those connections, testing wires and fiddling about with settings with the laptop, got a little more tinkering to do with it and il post up pics/vids :)

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:29 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

bit more engine work being done

ported and polished inlet and exhaust

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:05 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

Engine built, gotta go collect it and get it fitted now!!

Post Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:10 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

Hi guys, bit of a step forward over this weekend, first of all i hired a van and went up to Essex to collect my engine - 700 mile round trip in a day!, landed at Lightning Motorsport HQ where i was treated to a nice cup of tea and a good chin wag about engines/cars/karting etc with the Bosses dad

my steed for the weekend - good fun to drive too!

the main man himself Mr Newton showing off his handy work

all strapped down for the return journey

got the beasty home ok

anyway, no rest for the wicked, lots too do now, so today i stripped my gearbox for the new ATB diff to be fitted plus im getting the box casing stripped and painted

yes that is a wheel barrow im using

all stripped ready for rebuilding :)
Last edited by d170sam on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to New Forum Members