Board index New Forum Members FRP 591

FRP 591

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Tue May 18, 2010 6:56 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

hello all, just to announce that there will be a new FRP on the british roads in a few weeks, i have built my puma in to a racing puma, i have all the original pannels and suspension parts plus interior, it will however be panther black (controversion i know) the car is in the body shop at the mo and will be finished soon, i will post up pics when its finished, the inlet manifold number is 591, 501 would have been better though lol

cheers for reading

sam

Post Tue May 18, 2010 6:58 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

good man seen you on pp and got some shims from you ;)

got any sneaky taster pics ?

Post Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

wow, a black FRP will look awesome... 8) 8) the one that was done a few years ago was a bit of a nail if i remember rightly...

try and get some Racing KA seats to go inside.... super cool..!.. :mrgreen:

Post Tue May 18, 2010 7:51 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

nice one sam i know you always loved my frp on our ring trips, glad you will have your own one now.

and the only one in the world ;-).

cant wait too see the pics and in real life :-).
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Tue May 18, 2010 8:09 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Wow cool, that will look sweet :) Get some pics up 8)

Got a project thread anywhere?

Post Tue May 18, 2010 8:48 pm
big boy al User avatar

heres one from sam to get you interested :-).

FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Tue May 18, 2010 9:17 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

ow, quite a tidy example i see... :lol:

Post Wed May 19, 2010 8:23 am
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

I guess thats how they look with standard track then? :lol:

Post Wed May 19, 2010 12:32 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

It is cool to be Panther Black :D
You have made a fab car,and the wrong colour would be imp blue, that would be too pastiche.
I agree the KA seats would be the right interior colour too. Though the blue would look nice as well.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Wed May 19, 2010 1:41 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

thanks for all the positive comments, will post up more pics as it progresses! the overhang of the arches does look quite amusing but that will be sorted once it comes back from the body shop as i have all the suspension components ready to bolt straight on, as for the interior i do have all the FRP interior panels but istead of using the bluey plastics i have used my original grey plastics and just inserted the alcantara sections, as for the seats i have a sparco torino passengers seat and a sparco roadster drivers seat, both trimmed in blue alcantara in a similar yet different style to the original FRP ones, will get a pic and post that up too once it comes back from the body shop

Post Fri May 28, 2010 9:42 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

well i was hoping that the car would heve been finished this week end but it turns out that it is gonna be another two weeks yet :( on the brighter side i have a new set of HID bulbs and balasts to fit when i get it back :)

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:28 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

well i went to see the car yesterday, all the panels are now fitted and aligned, the body shop are still slacking with the project though, it will be in paint early next week and i'm hoping that i will have it back by te end of next week, i will load up some photo's later

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:47 am
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Cant wait to see it, going to look pretty special! 8)

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:52 am
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Also excited to see it... I love projects like this!
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:33 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

i tried uploading some more pics but for some reason i'm not allowed, i have posted up some pics on pumapeople, hopefully the car will be done in the next week and i can post up some more juicy pics!

sam

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:30 pm
FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Ooo this isn't half exciting!! :lol:

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:34 pm
Dogsbody User avatar

Looking forward to seeing the finished beast
I'm sure there used to be a Red one too :?
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:45 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

another update, had a bit of a panic on last week, i was building up my wishbones with the new hubs drive shafts etc, and a realised that when i bought two new knuckles last year from ford they had sold me two right hand knucles rather than a right and a left, panic, argh!!!! took one of the knuckles back to ford and they are replacing it, i did find out that ford no longer have stock of any left knuckles but strangely they do have a few left ones, thank god! hopefully the knuckle will be ready for collection tomorrow morning, and the car will be finished in the body shop any day now! i am getting proper excited now, i have been without car for 6 weeks and i desperate to get it back, will be getting a set of FRP wheels powder coated in gloss black to go on temporarily too, am thinking that i will possibly go for some 18"s later on as i am planning a large power increase once the body work is done and the extra grip WILL be needed! another project thread coming your way soon!!

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:04 pm
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

Looking forward to seeing the finished body work :D
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:08 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Ditto 8)

Hope the knuckle turns up, I ordered some wheels that were showing as 'in stock', turned out to be a cycle count error when they shipped the lot off to the clearance centre and they didnt actually have any :?

Next

Return to New Forum Members