Board index New Forum Members 368

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:45 pm
FRP368 User avatar

Hi all - have just bought FRP368 and am currently building a list of the jobs that need doing. Biggest issue is that the car's done 65k miles on the original cambelt, smaller worries are stuff like a damaged splitter, and a bonnet that doesn't sit quite right when closed.

I've become a regular checker of the pumabuild price list, and have become a fan of fordpartsuk.com too. I've owned a Puma Black from new, so I'm familiar with the car (though the FRP is quit a change from the standard 1.7!).

I'm off to the bodyshop with 368 tomorrow - nothing major, just want w price for sorting scratches and bangs. My orig puma has done 20k more miles, and is better condition - the advantage of keeping a car in a garage!

And yes, I've paid my subs for the RPOC - just waiting for a welcome pack in the post :o)
FRP368
Puma Black
Jaguar XFR

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:24 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hi, welcome to the club :D

Take extra care in the wet with the FRP's the back end can let go with no warning, unlike the 1.7's which give you a bit of notice.
Where are you in the country? did you know there are a couple of big meets this year for the FRP.
June 3rd at Castle Combe circuit and Duxford August22nd.
Get you name down ASAP. :wink:

Graham
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:34 am
FRP368 User avatar

Wise words - cheers.

Am based not far from Cardiff, so both of those are relatively easy to get to. Will check out meets - once 368 is looking a little bit more presentable!
FRP368
Puma Black
Jaguar XFR

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:41 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Tom welcome to the site apologies I seem tohave missed your earlier posts as its great to see another FRP over here in wild Wales. Any help you need over vhere drop me a PM by allmeans. Nice area Penarth my nieces all live over in that area.

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:53 am
FRP368 User avatar

Cheers - yes it's a nice place, but the roads are mental! Bad in a std puma, some are almost impossible in the FRP.

Nice to know that there are some members nearby!
FRP368
Puma Black
Jaguar XFR

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:45 pm
FRP368 User avatar

Aha! So the list of jobs grows a little; two new rear arches, and welding required on the fronts.

It's at Pumabuild, and I find Alan's knowledge of the FRP really reassuring to deal with.
FRP368
Puma Black
Jaguar XFR

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:00 pm
MikeB User avatar
RPOC Regular

Welcome to the clan! I too have an FRP and a Black Puma, though not a Puma Black. The black one is now 2/3rds FRp with cams and exhaust - alas not an FRP inlet manifold - very expensive rocking horse droppings! Still it goes well :D

Mike
MikeB

Return to New Forum Members