Board index New Forum Members New member

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:01 am
phil tool Newbie

Hi All,

Finally getting round to joining again. I've had my Racing Puma for 8 years, using daily until October last year when a new daily runner arrived in the form of a Mk2 Focus RS. I'd been looking for something with that special sence of occasion when you drive it like the Racing Puma has for years testing every manner of hot hatch, and the RS finally fitted the bill. The Puma then went into the body shop, was taken down to the bare metal on the rear aches and sills and treated to a full respray after the rust was removed. Its been sat in the garage over the winter and I am about to get it out and strip the brakes down fitting new discs and repainting the calipers, the steering wheel is coming off to be retrimmeds well. The car is completley standard and my plan is to make it a nice tidy example of a std car.

Maybe catch some of you at car shows this year.

Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:55 pm
W4FRP User avatar
RPOC Regular

Welcome back Phil.

Post some pics when it's ready

Cheers

Andy

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:19 pm
FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hello Phil,
Good to see you on here mate.
Random question......You don't work at Land Rover in building 118 do you?
Jim Hooper
FRP432

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:14 pm
phil tool Newbie

Alright Jim,

You don't own a Delorean or 2 and used to do some stand up comedy do you?

How's going?

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:34 pm
FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hello Phil,
I'm glad it was you! That would have sounded proper mental if it hadn't. :lol:

I popped in to 118 the other day as I had a job interview with Ian Garrett, I saw your Focus RS. Pinky told me you had got it so you could put the Racing Puma to one side. Good man! :wink:

Down to the one DeLorean now....

SIJ 1079 -1.JPG

SIJ 1079 -3.JPG

Dad sold the LHD one a few years ago after we got it back on the road as he thought it was a bit greedy having two, that and parts for flux capacitors etc are a bit hard to come by.... Thought I'd get a Back to the Future reference in before someone else did! :D However I've still got the Elise that I bought just before I was laid off from Land Rover!

You coming along to any meets? Be good to catch up. I still chat to Steve Roberts every couple of weeks, and I bump into Ed and Pinky when they pop down to Millbrook....and occasionally...... the legend that is Boss Cog!

Jim
FRP432
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 am
phil tool Newbie

I want to come to Castle Combe on 3rd July, so might see you there, I am in Germany for the event on 22nd Aug unfortunatley.

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:51 am
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

welcome Phil... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jim, your calipers are all ready.. 8) :D

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:29 pm
FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hi Phil,
I'll hopefully catch up with you at the RS day. Be good to see your FRP as I haven't seen it in years, but I always remember you keeping it in fine fettle.

Hi Chris,
Cool! How did the Anodising go? Have they turned out nicely? Also how much do I owe you!!!!

Jim

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Nice Delorean :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Thu May 06, 2010 11:18 am
FRP368 User avatar

I have very similar plans for 368 - rust in the rear arches and to the seam of the quarter panel means a fair amount of work, plus some bodyshop work to sort a slightly clumsy repair, plus a rebuild of the brakes - just to be sure!

I suspect that getting a standard FRP back to really good condition is going to be quite a big job, but it'll be fun!
FRP368
Puma Black
Jaguar XFR

Post Thu May 06, 2010 12:42 pm
Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

FRP368 wrote:
I suspect that getting a standard FRP back to really good condition is going to be quite a big job, but it'll be fun!

Its this fun

:? :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :x :P :D

All of the above

See link: http://passionford.com/forum/restoratio ... ation.html

Oh and welcome to the site.

David
FRP314

Return to New Forum Members