Board index New Forum Members Non owner, but car fanatic interested in FRP's

Non owner, but car fanatic interested in FRP's

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

ddouble Newbie

Hi all, just been reading the browsing and thought id say hi and that you have a great forum/club here.

I have always been interested in all the low production number special cars, and the FRP is one i dont really have much knowledge on - apart from hearing tales of its excellent handling - so have joined here to learn more about it and find out what they are like to own. Sounds like they are one of those cars that get under your skin!!!

I currently own this little monster:

Which sadly is up for sale at the moment as its coming up to house deposit time!

Duncan

spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

welcome along...

I know a puma owner, who now has a clio cup (one of 500)

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Thats a beast!...describe how it drives... 8)

ddouble Newbie

Its relentless acceleration, alot of torque, you can pretty much just leave it in 4th gear on a good hack.

In the dry the level of grip is extremley high, you can go round some tight corners very very quickly and it just takes it. although theres no adjusting things mid corner, you must break hard in a straight line, settle then turn and be commited, slowing putting your foot down as you come out a corner. It has a very short steering rack im not a good enough driver to correct it should it start to spin!

above 100 mph the front end begins to feel lighter when your not accelerating which can be un-nerving and cause the buttocks to clench!!

Its a pleasure to drive, a real learning experience. the aural experience is superb, hearing a popping and banging 3.0 v6 in the cabin with you is just crazy. i quite often take all the covers off and go for a spin, you cant hear anything but the engine, its superb!

in the wet...its not very confidence inspiring, best to leave it at home or take it really easy.

its a complete crazy car and it shouldnt be allowed on the road!! im so glad they made it!

Return to New Forum Members