Board index New Forum Members New owner #208

New owner #208

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:35 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

eek... hope the credit card has a good limit..lol :lol:

leaving it with uncle Al and a blank cheq .. :shock: :lol:

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:52 pm
Squall Newbie

Yes, it was indeed quite expensive like you say. You lot don't lie do you. Here was what was done though:

Cam belt
Full Service (but the hand brake still doesn't really work)
New piper exhaust front to back (inc cat) in stainless steal
Rear pannel off to fix the water leak (hopefully)
A full clean and disc skim of those fiesta super 1600 brakes. mind you I think new discs would have been cheaper than the skim.
I don't know what to do with the brakes it will be expensive to switch back, but Alan may have found someone interested in buying them.

Thats about it I guess, they found a sorn off screw thread in my tyre too, which is still in there are the moment. No idea how deep it goes.
The idle reving problem remains though, which is quite annoying. Alan reckoned it coud be due to the modified air filter setup and suggested I get the standard one. Other than that and air leak somewhere, he did't seem to think it was the maf sensor for some reason.

Edit.. oh yeah.new key cut. The new remote types were 70 quid, so I got a plain key, and instead I will get a second hand blank with remote from ebay for 20 quid, and program it myself - now that I have two keys I can - I hope anyways. PATS II isn't it, right?

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:28 am
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Squall wrote:
Yes, it was indeed quite expensive like you say. You lot don't lie do you. Here was what was done though:

:lol:

Squall wrote:
A full clean and disc skim of those fiesta super 1600 brakes. mind you I think new discs would have been cheaper than the skim.
I don't know what to do with the brakes it will be expensive to switch back, but Alan may have found someone interested in buying them.

It might not be as expensive as you think to go back to the proper FRP brakes... i'd recommend it too :wink: i have plenty of stock of all the bits if your interested... 8) he didn't charge you 100quid for the skim did he... :evil:

Squall wrote:

The idle reving problem remains though, which is quite annoying. Alan reckoned it coud be due to the modified air filter setup and suggested I get the standard one. Other than that and air leak somewhere, he did't seem to think it was the maf sensor for some reason.

the TSB to fix this is on the forum... The wiring to the TPS if fundamentaly flawed!... and weak... you need to buy the improved connector and re-wire it back before the muti-plug loom connector to improve the signal response.... do thins first before going down the road of changing all the sensors... :idea: :idea:

Regards

Chris

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:51 am
FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

I need to do the rewire on mine at some point. Recently the idle has been a bit wobbly!

Jim
FRP432

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 am
Squall Newbie

It's bad news...

I took the car up to Richard Davies for a check and some small fixes. It needs a lot of work, lots of "little" things and the head is leaking water so that will have to come off and be skimmed too because it will be warped I guess. He rekoned it might cost a couple of grand, and that doesn't include any body work which has the usual rust spots. He er suggested I might consider geting rid of it... :-( I knew it needed work, but this isn't good news. I am still trying to decide weather to give up and cut my already expensive losses, or carry on..

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:28 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Why wasn't any of this picked up at Pumabuild before you paid for all the other work :?
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:57 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

lisafrp wrote:
Why wasn't any of this picked up at Pumabuild before you paid for all the other work :?

Obvious really Lisa hehe :wink: :wink:
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 pm
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

You could swap the engine more cost effectively!

Are you sure it's not leaking from the water pump after the cambelt change?
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:16 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Sorry to hear of your woes - you can trust Richard with his opinions and findings, just unfortunate its all bad news and that you've already paid for substantial work at Pumabuild.

As Red has said, perhaps as you've spent already there are better options to fix it than take the loss on a fire-sale.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 pm
Squall Newbie

I am taking it off down to Tremona on the 17th it's all going to be ok. ...

Previous

Return to New Forum Members