Board index New Forum Members New owner #208

New owner #208

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:32 pm
Squall Newbie

I picked this one up last week end.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/731271/1 ... 8?h=5b78bb

It needs a bunch of work, so I am taking it up to Pumabuild on Wednesday to see what they think.

I need to:
Get a new exhaust
Replace a sensor to fix the idle reving
Get passenger side seat release handle
Get a new key cut, there is only one. And get the toad pin code, from toad by first getting the serial number from the unit.
There is water in the passenger footwell
Rust in the usual places

I want to:
Change the speedline wheels for the originals
Probably put the brakes back to original.
Get the original steering wheel if possible.

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:44 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hi Welcome to the club :D

The steering wheel is just a normal Puma one covered with the Alcantara.
Allon White sports car are the people to cover it for you.
I think Alan at Pumabuild bought all the remaining stock of material, so it's getting a bit pricey.

There are various guides etc on here to help with any problems you get.
I know the "revving" is one covered :wink:

Get your name down for the 10th anniversary meet in August and for the annual get together at Castle Combe in July, when the thread goes up.

Graham
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:01 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Hiya Mate...

i'd be interested in doing a swap for standard wheels, as long as they are in good condition...as mine are and none of them are buckled....

also, what brakes do you have on..? that may cost you a few quid to go back to standard :o :lol:

if it's had the 300mm pumaspeed conversion :shock: :shock: i'd bin those brackets ASAP!...

Regards

Chris

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:01 am
Squall Newbie

>The steering wheel is just a normal Puma one covered with the Alcantara.
Oh heh. I didn't know that. I am guessing that will/should affect my insurance. I've not told them as ahem, I didn't know it wan't standard - right. But I'll have square it with them shortly.

There is a thread round here that describes what happened to the brakes on the #208, but I've lost it at the moment.

Also while we are at it. See that red thing under the bonnet, that is a catch can is it? I've not messed with anything much yet only checked the levels. I'll chat to the puma build people. They are pretty decent, are they? I don't have a garrage, nor any tools, so that's how I am going to have to play it for now.

Do any of you have a catagory 1 alarm fitted and doesn't it make any difference to your insurance? I was with direct line so I just switched the car over - I used to have a cougar. They didn't ask about alarm systems. I was just wondering if it's worth me getting a certificate for it while I am getting the pin off toad at the same time.

The meeting should be fun. Lets see what shape the car is in by then.

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Whereabouts are you based? There should be some recommended garages around, I would be careful at Pumabuild, you could end up spending £100's more than you need to.

If you become a member of the RPOC you'll open up lots of FRP guides etc to help you maintain your FRP, you'll also get member discounts with FRP parts suppliers, so will quickly recoupe the membership fee.

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:36 pm
Squall Newbie

I am in Swindon at the moment. I found it quite hard to find a decent guarage there, infact I can't say I've found one. Presumably puma build are of good quality?

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:23 pm
tommobot Newbie

Erm, wheres the air filter located? :shock:

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:59 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Welcome along to the site, based in Swindon you could find that Richard at Tremona garage based in Southampton is a further place you could get first class advice on the work on your FRP. As lisa says joining the club will open up a host of great advice.

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:20 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Don't forget Dave, Richard Davies is based in Swindon :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:24 pm

tommobot wrote:
Erm, wheres the air filter located? :shock:

:lol: :lol:

you being funny...?

big lol

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Squall wrote:
I am in Swindon at the moment. I found it quite hard to find a decent guarage there, infact I can't say I've found one. Presumably puma build are of good quality?

no one pipes up i see..lol :lol:

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:40 pm
Squall Newbie

Ok. Looks like I will have to join up then otherwise no one will tell me who Richard Davies is. To be more clear, could it be that people are suggesting that I shouldn't be taking the car too puma build? It's booked in on wednesday morning at the moment.

It needs attention rather quickly as the exhaust is very noisy, and to be sure it needs a look over, by someone who knows what they are doing. I've had many a poor experences with garages round here when I tried get my Cougar fixed up.

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 am
Dogsbody User avatar

You could always use Nortree Motor in Melksham.
They look after mine and MikeB's FRP's :wink:

I was in there today as they have just fitted a LSD in mine :D
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:36 am
Squall Newbie

Dogsbody wrote:
I was in there today as they have just fitted a LSD in mine :D

Don't let the police dogs near your car. I presume that would be a limited slip diff.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. I will have a chat with Richard.

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:16 am
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Richard Davies - 07971 655701. He generally does FRP servicing on weekends - top chap, has looked after my car since 2001. :)
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Hiya Squall...

any more progress with the car..?? did you go to PB today..?

Did you read/consider my offer of the wheel swap...??

Regards

Chris

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 pm
kartracer Newbie

Hi,

I used to be the proud owner of #208 a few years ago - I sold it around 2005, had around 32k on the clock and sold it to a young guy in Northamption way. I used to live in Kent at that time.......always regretted selling, she never missed a beat for me.

I looked at it a couple of weeks ago, it was for sale in Wokingham? I was very tempted to back her back but as you say, she's in need of a bit of TLC.

Here's a couple of pics from a few years ago - good luck in bringing her back to her best!
Picture 053.jpg
Picture 051.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:25 pm

ow look, my mudflaps... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I doubt they're still on now tho... :D

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 pm
kartracer Newbie

I think they're still on there! :D They looked like they were painted....imperial blue? It's got some unusual looking alcon calipers on there now, never seen them before, a greenish colour.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:31 pm
Squall Newbie

I'll keep you posted on development. I did take the Puma up to Puma build and had a chat with Alan. He's working on it now and it's still up there. I also had a chat with Richard Davies in swindon, and he would be happy to look after my car, but said that he couldn't do things such as cam belts and other work anymore, mainly servicing and brakes. So since I had already booked in to PB then I decided to give it a go. Alan recognised the car as it's been there before.

Alan is pretty helpful and we'll see what happens. It's going to be a bit expensive though, but there are a number of things that need doing. With luck I will pick the car back up on Saturday.

Next

Return to New Forum Members