Board index New Forum Members 10th Anniversary - FRP only track sessions

10th Anniversary - FRP only track sessions

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Do you want to track your FRP at the 10th Anniversary Celebrations?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:51 pm

I would not want to track my FRP
11%
I would like 1 session to see how my FRP handles on track
43%
I would like 5+ sessions on track
46%

Total votes : 28

lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hi All,

Just a quick poll to see how many people would like to go on track on teh RPOC 10th Anniversary Celebration.

I have given you 3 choices, so please let us know truthfully what you would be after so we can work out the best possible option for the venue and to get the best price for everyone attending.

I've set this vote for 30 days, the sooner you vote, the sooner we can get this wrapped up and announced :)

Note: This will be on a race circuit and not at an airfield.

Edit: These are planned to be FRP ONLY track sessions

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Dogsbody User avatar

If it's at RS day Combe or combined with a big meet I will do just one session but if it's just the FRP's..
I did 100 miles on the track at Colerne :shock: So I suppose that counts as 5+ :D

I changed my vote if it's not RS day. I will happily go out all day if tyres / fuel permit. :wink:
I am "easy" on the choice though..
Last edited by Dogsbody on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

lisafrp User avatar

Sorry, meant to say it would be FRP only track sessions :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

lisafrp User avatar

Just like to add this will not be combined with the RS day at Combe - it will be a separate event completely :) (as long as we can guarantee numbers)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

jacko RPOC Regular

why is it frp's only?

iv had mine round castle combe & it was loads of fun when owners of honda nsx's, aston martins & the like came over for a chat asking what id done to my puma!!!!

surely its a bit anti-social just being frp's....

granted i can see why you might want to keep the delicate things away from monster cossies with skin heads but that doesnt mean there bad drivers....

plus im sure it wont be a whole day the circuit shuts down just for the frpoc so you will basically create an 'us & them' atmosphere between pumas & other enthusiasts at the track.... which will only lead them to the conclusion that the hairdryers that drive the frp's arent worth talking too....thats not good. i like it when people come and talk to me about my 'hairdressers' car....i dont want to end up being scorned at because the club has developed a 'were posh fords dont talk to us' image.....

i wouldnt even condone a ford only trackday though as enthusiasts come in all shapes & sizes & makes of car

wouldnt it be incredibly boring too....all the cars having almost exactly the same cornering ability, terminal velocity and acceleration....itd be worse than f1!!!!!! may as well save your money and put your foot down at the combe parade lap...

Dogsbody User avatar

This is for the 10th Anniversary Jacko, so a dedicated day out with the cars it would seem :wink:
I think it could look quite good too, Just FRP's .

Trackdays are not meant to be races, just a chance to let go a bit with our cars.

I've booked my 16 year old daughter for a trackday in my FRP at Keevil airfield next month :shock:
she will have a professional sat beside her..
I thought, why not? I would have loved it at her age.
I teach her in my car anyway on private land.
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

jacko wrote:
why is it frp's only?

iv had mine round castle combe & it was loads of fun when owners of honda nsx's, aston martins & the like came over for a chat asking what id done to my puma!!!!

surely its a bit anti-social just being frp's....

granted i can see why you might want to keep the delicate things away from monster cossies with skin heads but that doesnt mean there bad drivers....

plus im sure it wont be a whole day the circuit shuts down just for the frpoc so you will basically create an 'us & them' atmosphere between pumas & other enthusiasts at the track.... which will only lead them to the conclusion that the hairdryers that drive the frp's arent worth talking too....thats not good. i like it when people come and talk to me about my 'hairdressers' car....i dont want to end up being scorned at because the club has developed a 'were posh fords dont talk to us' image.....

i wouldnt even condone a ford only trackday though as enthusiasts come in all shapes & sizes & makes of car

wouldnt it be incredibly boring too....all the cars having almost exactly the same cornering ability, terminal velocity and acceleration....itd be worse than f1!!!!!! may as well save your money and put your foot down at the combe parade lap...

welcome back ;) you not interested then ?

it will be FRP's only as it's OUR 10th anniversary, and US hiring the track for the day

I normally would say whats the differance and let anyone that pays on, but we only have one 10th anniversary

theres a lot of people beavering away behind the scenes for this lets all get behind the club and make it a good un :mrgreen:

my best ever time with an FRP was the first Boreham meet, I dont suppose we can match those numbers again (is there enough left ;) :mrgreen: ) but would be good If we got close

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

lisafrp User avatar

jacko wrote:
plus im sure it wont be a whole day the circuit shuts down just for the frpoc

Won't it.....you must know more about the day than me then!
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

W4FRP User avatar
RPOC Regular

Lisa - has it already been decided that this event would be held at Combe ?

lisafrp User avatar

Nothing has been decided yet. Combe is one of the circuits on our list that we have had quotes from, but if the numbers in the poll are anything to go by we won't be hiring any circuit for the day for 10 people!

Other options are being looked into but I know that some people had expressed an interest in having track time at the celebration, hence the poll :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

jacko RPOC Regular

judging by the above and the general turn out of frp's at meets....no, it wont be just frp's!

dont get me wrong, i love meeting up with the fun frp crowd......both of them!

& id love to get behind the club....i did once.....but lets not drag that one out into the open again though!
plus it works both ways....iv worked my [profanity replaced] of doing some pretty major things for the frp community (brake discs at half price, pistons at 1/4 of the oem price & masses of 'how to' guides just to name a few..) & iv had no help, only negative comments from the club / frp 'elite'....thats why non of its on here....shame really.

i hope you manage to get some good numbers but from past experiences of frp owners 'hospitality' i can say i wont be there

track days are good fun, bit expensive tho & agree not a race....just fun. but wouldnt you get bored after 5 laps of just frp's????

its a lot more fun when your behind a honda nsx thinking 'he aint going slow....hes trying....and im keeping up!!!!!'

or when a metro with a 1.8 goes flying past & your left thinking 'what the f.....!!!!'

big boy al User avatar

jacko can i just ask have you been to rsoc day with us, we have managed ovr 30 frp's there every year for the last 7 and a couple of years around the 50 mark.

or rallyday where we had 23 frp's this year??

its a frp 10th annivrsary meet not a puma meet hence only frp's.

cant be that hard to understand surely??
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

jacko RPOC Regular

i went to one rs day & rally day with the club, cant say i was made particularly welcome so havent returned
(there are some good individuals tho which is nice)

30 cars wont get you a track for the day i doubt, maybe double that. anything more interesting than castle combe available? iv found its good fun if they halve the width & add obstacles (been round it a few times with advanced driving clubs....)

id love to join the fun but the club doesnt get around, isnt (generally) sociable or inviting.... i know more frp owners who have bad things to say than good....sounds horrible (and very sad im afraid) but i think a couple of other puma forums would be better at drumming up friendly day out for frp's. sorry, just my experience coupled with others iv talked to.

just an idea but could it be coupled with a classic car day / ford track day, or invite standard pumas?

even other track day cars would be fun....had a guy in a clio 182 cup recently come up to me & say he just couldnt keep up....! & im still running standard cams.....! adds to the fun. if your doing all frp's then i really reckon you should cross the rsoc's palm & get 10 parade laps....it was fun for a couple, bit faster itd be fun for a few more but itd get boring just frp's, in my opinion. it is the best of both worlds though, especially for those a little shy of adding wear to there low mileage frp's...

lisafrp User avatar

Just to clarify:

This event may or may not be held at Combe

This event may have std pumas there also

No deposits have been paid, so nothing is set in stone at this point in time. The question I asked is if people would like FRP only track sessions and if so how many - there is a possibility that we won't be going to a circuit at all.

It's a real shame you won't be able to make it along Jocko
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Sounding good Lisa, but I must say I would miss not having a 'Certain person' there, as he would miss out when we are drinking Pimm's in our RPOC Marquee. :lol:

Also I hope we dont have any technical problems , as we will be 'lost' without the 'All knowing one'!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Oh, Hope you didn't mins Lisa, but I have booked this... http://www.jf-marquees.com/pimms-tents/ For our before/ and after track sessions. 8) 8) 8)
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

K3 VER Newbie

Hi All,
I'd be interested in a track day meet.

Lisa,
Its a bit out of the way but have you considered the anglesey race circuit?
They did some work to this track a few years ago and extended the circuit.
Surface is good and the track is over rolling gradients so will be a bit more interesting than completely flat track?
I've only rallied at this venue and not full laps with road cars. (it was better before revamp for rallying as it had more rough and a gravel rallycross section)
Location would make a good weekend break of it!

Kev
K6 FRP

L4FRP User avatar
RPOC Regular

This is something me & Lou would be interested in, would be good to see how the 'frup' handles on a track,

Our vote has been placed!!
Jay & Louise FRP #008

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

I think if the day/session was an 'FRP only' event it would have to bring together a fair number to make it exciting....

I remember a few years back doing a puma only session round Silverstone at Ford Fair....without knocking the work that people did to make this happen ..(sorry folks)... it was a very empty and slightly dull session....as the track was so big, the cars too evenly matched and not really enough to make it interesting..... i remember clearly not overtaking anything at all... :? :?

when i did another mixed session later in day it was, i have to say, far more interesting.....

Now 20 FRP's caining it round Cadwell Park..... now, that really would be somthing to see.... :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

I'd be well on for that.......

I'd love to do Combe tho...looks a great drive... just think it may be a little lonely with just the wide blue cars out there....

which i think is what Jacko is saying if you can see past all the BS... :lol:

Chris

slugmoo Newbie

Me and Melifur will be up 4 this, i still havent been on track in mine except the parade laps at combe which were fun.

keep us posted on the developments :D

cheers, Paul
Sav
FRP #383
:)

Next

Return to New Forum Members