Board index New Forum Members checking out an FRP

checking out an FRP

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:38 am
dragregory Newbie

I'm considering an FRP as my next car and wondered if anybody based in South London would let me look at their pride and joy and perhaps tell me about the realities of ownership. I particularly need to check the driving position as I'm short and need a good amount of adjustment in seat height to get comfortable.
I live in Crystal Palace (SE19) but would be happy to travel to meet up.

Fingers crossed ...

Dave

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:24 am
Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Dave this is a response I wrote to someone yesterday you may find some of the information useful.

Stark

There is usually at least 2 to 3 for sale at any one point, best place to look as i'm sure you know will be the following:

http://www.ebay.co.uk two on there at the moment

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk

http://www.autotrader.co.uk

I'm pretty sure that there is a couple of registered members on here who live in Scotland so perhaps some one can help you on that front.

I put £1.12 to £1.22 petrol in mine which works out at £40 odd for a tank and that usually gets me 240 miles however you give it some sheryl every now and again and your more likely to get 200 miles and tracking it i think someone said they got about 70 - 80 miles So i would say its brilliant but theres definatley worse out there. (perhaps no worse for a 1.7ltr engine )

Tbh its not the cheapest car to run over a yearly basis but defintaley worth it, just try to remember that new Tax price of £190 a year insurance from £200 up to £600 for most owners. Cost of servicing the brakes and replacement parts, obviously a lot cheaper if you service them yourself but can still work out to a few quid and tyres around the £70 to £210 each and driving hard will soon see the walls disapear

Mines £450 but as i have DUI (DR10 Driving under the pi55) but fortunatley i still have three years no claims, pass plus and i'm over 25.

The above is being honest with you in terms of running the car and daily cost but please dont let this put you off as the car is truley fantastic, i have drove some tasty cars and owned some great front wheel drive cars (Williams Clio, Clio 172 Cup) and i can easily say this is up there with them and you will not regret the purchase.

Hope my waffle helps

David
FRP314

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:16 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

I used to live near Crystal Palace, in Bromley, I'm over in Gloucestershire now, so not much help - sorry!
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:39 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

lisafrp wrote:
I used to live near Crystal Palace, in Bromley, I'm over in Gloucestershire now, so not much help - sorry!

Where about's in Bromley, Lisa?
How long ago?
I used to live in Orpington. :wink:
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Return to New Forum Members