Board index New Forum Members hi

hi

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

hi

Post Sat May 23, 2009 11:13 pm
frp16 User avatar

as a new member i just wanted to say hello to everybody...looking forward to browsing the site.

Post Sun May 24, 2009 6:45 am
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hello and Welcome :D

From your "Nick" I presume you own FRP0016 ?
They are great fun to drive and own, if not a bit expensive from time to time :wink:
Get your self on the list for RS day at Castle Comb, its the annual get together, with a parade around the track.

Graham
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Sun May 24, 2009 9:25 am
FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hello and welcome! :D
Have you had your FRP long?

Jim
FRP432

Post Sun May 24, 2009 9:27 am
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Hi welcome to the site :D

Post Sun May 24, 2009 11:25 am
frp16 User avatar

thank you for the welcomes :D

ive had my racing puma for over seven years it was eighteen months old with seven thousand on the clock when i brought mine from a ford dealers. Jim

Post Sun May 24, 2009 11:34 am
frp16 User avatar

oops i forgot answer to dogsbody question yesi do own frp0016, expensive not really, not for what one has got, thats one of the down falls of buying a rare car but then worth every penny i must admit touch wood my car hasnt cost me much at all the key really for me is ive always givin the car a major service everytime.

Post Sun May 24, 2009 11:53 am
Dogsbody User avatar

frp16 wrote:
oops i forgot answer to dogsbody question yesi do own frp0016, expensive not really, not for what one has got, thats one of the down falls of buying a rare car but then worth every penny i must admit touch wood my car hasnt cost me much at all the key really for me is ive always givin the car a major service everytime.

Hi Jim,
Is it your daily drive?
Mine is and I suppose its cost me about 4k in the last couple of years.
You have the benefit of knowing the car for a long time.

mines on axle stands at the moment.
Just fitting a pair of refurbished calipers, some new mudflaps and having a general clean around the wheel arches.
Waiting for the wife to get back from church, so I can bleed the brakes :wink:

Where in the country are you?
Graham

Post Sun May 24, 2009 12:09 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

be sure to join RPOC to gain access to the full forum, where we have a very good technical section being constructed. :D

Post Sun May 24, 2009 12:44 pm
frp16 User avatar

lol jim, graham i was replying to jims answer, im marko, i use to drive my car everyday but not anymore i drive it from time to time when i can get the time to do so, as for you speanding 4k on yours wow, ive had no major repairs on mine just a few cosmetic things which ive brought for the car my biggest expence use to be servicing the car lol

Post Sun May 24, 2009 1:00 pm
frp16 User avatar

i have been asking around a few mates of mine for a while now reguarding modding my car and been told not to consider major ones as it will devalue the car how true it is i dont know i would love it go ahead and do so but stuck inbetween by being told not to do so.

Post Sun May 24, 2009 2:25 pm
Dogsbody User avatar

frp16 wrote:
lol jim, graham i was replying to jims answer, im marko, i use to drive my car everyday but not anymore i drive it from time to time when i can get the time to do so, as for you speanding 4k on yours wow, ive had no major repairs on mine just a few cosmetic things which ive brought for the car my biggest expence use to be servicing the car lol

Hi Marko,

I had a bit of an "incident" with the exhaust valves meeting the pistons :shock:
Which was due to the cam timing being set incorrectly and me over revving the engine big time. That cost over 1.5K :shock:
I had the clutch done, full stainless exhaust + fitting.
Bought another set of Alcons which I have had powder coated. (Just fitted N/S)
Seat recovered, two steering wheels.... It soon adds up :(
Lots of little things, scanguage etc etc
Just as well the Wife's not keeping count too closely.
I noticed a bit of rust on the rear arches I will have to do this year :(

So where are you??

Graham
Graham

Post Sun May 24, 2009 5:38 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Hi Marko, i guess it all depends on the mods you are considering? i have an F2 wing fitted to mine which i think improves the lines of the already incredible job FORD has done. Im still at the planning stages of putting a turbo conversion on to mine to give it the power to match the looks and handling. But if your intentions are to keep the car then dont worry to much about the value, just enjoy the car :D

Post Sun May 24, 2009 8:46 pm
frp16 User avatar

hi graham
yes i know the parts are expensive and beleive it can get costly when you put it that way but then its worth every penny.

hi l8frp
yes i suppose your right i might reconsider i have no intension of selling my pride and joy, i know its just a ford so im told but then its not just any ford car you come across the car is special and brings the worse out of all who drives it.

Post Mon May 25, 2009 1:45 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Croeso as we say over here in Wales.

Post Tue May 26, 2009 9:18 pm
Neil Newbie

Hi

Good to see another early FRP still around :)

Neil (FRP #013)
Neil H
FRP #013

Post Wed May 27, 2009 8:17 am
FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Hello and welcome,
you should come to castle combe in July, was the best thing I did last year :)
Claire and Penelope 148

Return to New Forum Members