Board index New Forum Members Hello!

Hello!

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Tue May 12, 2009 9:50 pm
MattFRP Newbie

Hi peeps,

I've been a fan of FRP's since before I could even drive and now I've decided to bite the bullet and sell my unreliable money pit (a proper mini), plus several buckets of mini bits, and a shell, and etc etc etc........

I know this won't get me anywhere near the amount required for an FRP so hopefully I'll be able to persuade Mr Bank Manager to lend me the rest!!

I've seen a few on pistonheads.com, some of which seem within budget, then #225, which is frankly out of my league!! Also seen the ad for #9/#416, not sure on that one.

It'll be a couple of months before I get the finances sorted but you lot will be the first to know when I do start looking properly.

Post Tue May 12, 2009 9:57 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Hi matt, welcome to the forum! make sure you check out the buyers guide prior to going to view cars :D

Post Tue May 12, 2009 9:57 pm
Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Matt

Good look with your search, owned mine for about two months and loved every second. Apart from breaking drive shaft last week :? (but thats another story :oops: )

There seems to be loads of members here who often have info on some of the cars, so im sure they will let you know about 9 and 416 if they know there history.

David

ps good luck with the bank manager 8)
FRP314

Post Tue May 12, 2009 9:59 pm
MattFRP Newbie

Williamsclio1 wrote:

ps good luck with the bank manager 8)

Cheers David, "In this current economic climate" I think I'll need it. My excuse is that's not a car it's an investment.

Post Tue May 12, 2009 10:08 pm
RPOC Regular

Cheers David, "In this current economic climate" I think I'll need it. My excuse is that's not a car it's an investment.

Well tbh my request was poo pooed by the bank manger, however the girlfirends wasnt so i'm very grateful :)

But i keep telling myself its an investment, but that of course means one day i have to sell it, and at the moment i cannot see that day coming :lol:

David
FRP314

Post Tue May 12, 2009 10:41 pm
MarkyMark Newbie

Welcome and good luck with the search, ou wont be disappointed

Post Wed May 13, 2009 8:17 am
FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Hello and welcome :mrgreen:
I've owned 148 for over a year now and still love driving her!!
Good luck,
Claire and Penelope 148

Post Wed May 13, 2009 1:09 pm
PussCat User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hi and welcome.... and good luck with the search / bank manager ;)

Owned my FRP for 7½ years now, lol..... and I still enjoy driving her - so look forward to some big smiles when you find 'the one' for you!!
Caz

FRP #155

Post Wed May 13, 2009 1:15 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Good luck with your search :)

I picked up 144 nearly 9 years ago (I think it was the 18th May 2000) and still love driving him :D
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Wed May 13, 2009 7:36 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Croeso as we say over here in Wales and good luck with the search, I'm sure that with help from members on here you'll find just the FRP for you.

Post Wed May 13, 2009 7:41 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

I would put the practical hat on ;) the FRP can be costly to run, if you are selling stuff and getting a loan for the purchase you may want to consider the running costs and if you can cover for things needing to be replaced through either general maintenance or failure.
It is genrally not a car you can buy a cheap bolt on fix for, even if there are a few possible alternatives not always going to be cheap parts or the other issue is having local knowledge to you to fix things.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Wed May 13, 2009 8:10 pm
MattFRP Newbie

Thanks for the reality check speedline!

I do realise that being an extremely rare car parts for it are going to be hard to come by and therfore not cheap. At the minute all I am doing is throwing money at a Mini shaped black hole. Having been on the mini scene for a few years I can verify that is easy to spend a lot of money every year purely to keep it on the road, so I'm no stranger to high running costs. Admittedly parts for Mini's are dirt cheap (for non-OEM bit's that is!) and very easy to obtain, but with an owners club like this one (I've nerver known a forum so welcoming!!) I can't see where things can go wrong (famous last words, hehe).

Seriously though, if anyone you know has a Mini send them my way, I might have some shiny things they'd like to buy!! :D

Post Wed May 13, 2009 8:51 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Hi matt, the main thing you need to look out for is the exhaust and brakes. They are almost 10 year old now so a new exhaust sytem including manifold is a definate to look out for or come to realise it will need changing not long after your purchase. Also you need to ensure the brakes have been regularly serviced throughout its life or expect a big dent in your wallet when you come to have them serviced. Apart from a new exhaust and eldoods break service my car hasnt cost me a dime apart from regular service and MOT costs once a year.

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:55 pm
BLACKPANTHER Newbie

MattFRP wrote:
Hi peeps,

I've been a fan of FRP's since before I could even drive and now I've decided to bite the bullet and sell my unreliable money pit (a proper mini), plus several buckets of mini bits, and a shell, and etc etc etc........

I know this won't get me anywhere near the amount required for an FRP so hopefully I'll be able to persuade Mr Bank Manager to lend me the rest!!

I've seen a few on pistonheads.com, some of which seem within budget, then #225, which is frankly out of my league!! Also seen the ad for #9/#416, not sure on that one.

It'll be a couple of months before I get the finances sorted but you lot will be the first to know when I do start looking properly.

HI Matt when you looking for frp see if you can find one with sld not that menny about . im looking for one myself best of luck

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:01 pm
RPOC Regular

LSD's for sale on ebay at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Racing-Puma- ... 35a3c43a70

perhaps worth baring in mind but remember to add the cost of fitting if you havent the ability to do it yourself.

David
FRP314

Return to New Forum Members