Board index New Forum Members Ford Racing Puma 270 - The Beginning

Ford Racing Puma 270 - The Beginning

New to the FRPOC Forum? Then why not introduce yourself here?

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:46 pm
MarkyMark Newbie

I am now the very,very proud owner of FRP 270, :D

270 is a beauty. Got in monday evening turned on the computer to do my daily check of the ads when i saw this on Pistonheads, i emailed the guy immediately, left it for half an hour, checked my email and nothing :( . Next thing to do was to ring, again no answer, must have rang him 6-7 times on monday and no answer. Went to bed monday night but couldnt sleep, so many things were going round in my head about this car like did he get my email?, will he ring??, etc. Tuesday morning and i was straight on the computer checking my email, then about 9-30 the call came, i could go and view it, there was no way i was going to miss out on this so arranged to go down that evening.
Words cannot describe the feeling i had when he opened the garage and we pulled the cover off, everything just felt so right and i knew this was the car i had been searching for. That first drive in my ownership and the whole experience i have had buying my first racing puma will stay with me forever.

If its dry over the weekend i plan on giving it a good polish, go for a drive and get some proper pics posted up. :D
Last edited by MarkyMark on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:39 am
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

270 looks like a real beauty and looks like you got it for a very very good price too.

well done
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:17 am
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

well done Mark,

looks spot on (exhaust aside :lol: :wink: )

reckon you have done really well there, obviously fate was on your side to end up with # 270 as it looked like a real bargain

good to see it went to someone on here :mrgreen:

look foward to seeing it at Coombe :wink:

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:06 am
Dogsbody User avatar

Smashing car at an amazing price :wink:
Spare disks etc as well wasn't it?

Go carefull in the wet :!:
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:18 am
MarkyMark Newbie

Cheers, does feel a bit like fate. Going to be doing as amny shows as i can possibly can in it. Love the shows and this is perfect show car material in my opinion. Got to say i love everything about it, even the exhaust. Got loads of spare parts with it as well, full set of wheels, 2 sets of front discs and pads, 2 sets of rear discs and pads, spare alcantara trim thats neve been openedplus other nits and bobs. The guy who i bought it off was a bit of a perfectionist when it came to his cars and this is no exception. I look forward to meeting you all in the near future, for now its time to have some fun, but only in the dry :D

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:50 am
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

AWESOME :D

I saw this car and thought that's going to be a real bargain for someone.

Glad it was as good in the flesh as the ad described it. It really was setup to sell quickly.

Is that the 4" Slash Piper exhaust? I think it suits it pretty well in my opinion!

Enjoy!
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:31 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Congrats on your purchase, looks like a beauty :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:04 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Well done Mark - that is excellent news :)

In my opinion that car was at least £2k undervalued, so you've potentially made yourself some cash there.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:59 pm
MarkyMark Newbie

Cheers everyone, im made up with it as you can probably tell :D Puts a whole new emphasis on driving, Red the exhaust is from Pumabuild, no mention of piper on the reciepts i have for it, sounds awesome. Went out today and the radio was quickly switched off :)
Just ordered some Cannon mudflaps for it, got to try somehow to stop the stone chips and i think they look the best, almost standard.

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:41 am
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

A superb buy Mark your very lucky to have picked #270 up for such a cracking price :D The Canon mudflaps seem to be becoming standard issue because most of us find them pretty good at doing the job and they dont detract from the cars good looks. Hopefully see you at Coomb for either or both of this years shows.

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:24 pm
MarkyMark Newbie

V4FRP wrote:
A superb buy Mark your very lucky to have picked #270 up for such a cracking price :D The Canon mudflaps seem to be becoming standard issue because most of us find them pretty good at doing the job and they dont detract from the cars good looks. Hopefully see you at Coomb for either or both of this years shows.

Thanks, i know ive been lucky with it, get that feeling that this car was meant to be mine :D Yeah i'll be coming along, going to be sorting memership out efore the months up

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:13 pm
MarkyMark Newbie

Cannon mudflaps and ford racing badges have been ordered, rear splash guards have been ordered and a new puma badge has been ordered for the centre console. Once they all come i'll get them on, just need to order some more cleaning products and thats me ready for this shows :D
First wash and polish over the weekend and a good drive out to get some decent pictures, happy days. Heres a few pics i took.

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:52 pm
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

That looks excellent Mark!
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:36 pm
lisafrp User avatar

That does look good :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:59 pm
MarkyMark Newbie

Cheers everyone :D
Small update -
Fitted my splashguards and mudflaps complete with ford racing badge this weekend. Also re-fitted the rear numberplate. Really wanted to get it waxed properly but i ran out of daylight, only managed to get the alloys and rear bumper done :( If the weather stays fine i'll finish it off tomrrow.
Couple of pics -

The only future plans i have at the moment are to get it undersealed and keep it looking clean

Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:06 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

stunning example;)

Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:20 pm
Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

looking nice mate, fitting my mudflaps tomorrow, just need to sort out the Ford badges :D

David
FRP314

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:10 pm
SPECKOID User avatar

It certainly looks like a lovely example.

8)

Post Thu May 07, 2009 3:35 pm
MarkyMark Newbie

Cheers for the positve comments :)

Little update - New centre console badge.
Cant buy the normal puma one from ford anymore, the only type they have is the puma badge with VCT underneath it. Picked it up today and immediately modified it into the original one.

Original -
New VCT badge -
New modified badge -
And fitted -

To modify it all i did was take the old badge out, stick it on top of the new one, hold tight and use a dremmel and carefully cut along the line of the original badge, tidy the edge up using a bit of fine sandpaper. five minute job at the most :D

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Sorry to see you're having to sell , Mark. :(
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Next

Return to New Forum Members